• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Custom Machined Idler wheel fix

EJT

Hey Guys,
My Idler wheel on my 06 attak are all warped after 1500 miles. After reading that this is a typical problem, I machined my own alum blocks to be able to run the alum wheels from a v-max 4. Here are some pics, let me know what you think. If there is enough interst I will make kits to sell in Sept.
Thanks,
EJT

Attachments

• side view 11.jpg
    side view 11.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 94
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 95
  • side view 2.jpg
    side view 2.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 101
  • side view 3.jpg
    side view 3.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 92
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 98
  • top view 1.jpg
    top view 1.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 97

you get the bolt kit from yamaha to run them. It is just like running kimpex or c&a colored wheels. Maxdlx

You guys might want to wait and see what Yamaha has in store for the sleds we'll be picking up in a couple of months.

The latest 08 prototype sleds (Nytro's & Apex's) that I had a chance to get a good look at had wheels that looked identical to the 04 RX-1.

These are not aluminum, but they are much heavier duty & thicker with more rubber compared to 05-07. I suspect they still use the smaller 05-07 bearing, but the biggest problem with the 05-07 wheels was with delamination and warping of the wheel itself. Only us high mileage guys were finding the bearings were wearing out to quickly for us (so we machined our mounts and ran 2004 RX-1 wheels with 6205 bearings solving the delamination, warping and bearing wear issues for us).

Does anyone have more information on the 08 idler wheels?

Rex,

I'll keep you posted once I p/u mine this fall "APEX LTX"

I'm switching all of my idlers to the grey type we've been running w/6205 I'm also keeping my machined rear inner idlers stand off of my '05.

maxdlx said:
you get the bolt kit from yamaha to run them. It is just like running kimpex or c&a colored wheels. Maxdlx

Hey Maxdlx, do you know the part# for this bolt kit, I asked my dealer and they looked at me like I had three heads. I realy am starting to belive
that they dont know what they are doing over there.
Thanks,
EJT

I got mine through Port. I can look it upo but it is on the website. Maxdlx

Nice machining. I was going to do them for my sleds on my CNC's but there just wasn't enough quantity, so I bougt the blocks from Pioneer that are machined and also mpved the wheels down rather than buy bigger wheels to help save the hi fax. They were cheap, cheaper than me setting up and doing. Then I bought all stainless bolts and had the blocks hard anodized

ReX said:
You guys might want to wait and see what Yamaha has in store for the sleds we'll be picking up in a couple of months.

The latest 08 prototype sleds (Nytro's & Apex's) that I had a chance to get a good look at had wheels that looked identical to the 04 RX-1.

These are not aluminum, but they are much heavier duty & thicker with more rubber compared to 05-07. I suspect they still use the smaller 05-07 bearing, but the biggest problem with the 05-07 wheels was with delamination and warping of the wheel itself. Only us high mileage guys were finding the bearings were wearing out to quickly for us (so we machined our mounts and ran 2004 RX-1 wheels with 6205 bearings solving the delamination, warping and bearing wear issues for us).

Does anyone have more information on the 08 idler wheels?

REX
I've been following the idler wheel posts for a while and it's good to see maybe there will be a direct replacement coming

Do you think the one's coming on the 08 ATTAK are different then these?
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... etail.aspx

What about the Kimplex direct replacements out? Can't seem to find much info on them either..

Back