• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Darting NYTRO

Blue Beast

My brother has a 08 nytro rtx he put a set of c&a skis on and it darts terrible what can we do to fix it? :4STroke:

Blue Beast said:
He just put new bushing in less than 300 miles ago

Oem or the good ones. I wore out the oem in 400 miles and it darted like mad.

Check the toe too, I have mine at just under 1/4 out

It's a Yamaha...it will dart when using single runner skis. You can dial out a bit of the darting by setting the proper toe on the skis, shimming the ski rubbers, adjusting ski shock pressure or suspension setup.

Try a pair of dual runner skis like the Kimpex Arrows or Yamaha Tuners...or add a set of Snowtracker carbides. Then your friend will be happy.

I forgot to add, I have my C&A's shimmed also. And lighten the ski pressure a bit. I'm running 9in shaper and no studs and no darting at all. It is a completely different suspension setup than stock skies.

I'm running C&A's also with 9" shapers and 3/8 of toe out. No darting, and corners like a dream. Ski pressure should be set up lighter for this setup

I was running usi triple threats on my nytro and it would dart like crazy so i went and got yamahas tuner skis. Now the sled doesn't dart at all. Maybe try some tuner skis out.

Split rails eliminate the darting and widen the ski stance. Big improvement. ;)!

I like my curve xs skis..the run pretty darn true to where you point them..i get the occasional dart, but nothing like my phazer when I had stock skis, that was very scary..The people at Curve are really helpful and really seem to support their product well..

Ive got 8 in woody duelies and no darting here

I have Bergstrom Triple Points with ski savers and shimmed skis and it handles great - no darting.

suprised no one has mentioned the tuner skis.
Cheapest and best option by far IMO.
I'm running the setup in my sig, its pretty aggressive at times but I love it.

Back