• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DC Outlet

RXW10

Veteran
Found a DC outlet for plugging in your electric sheild in the 07 accessories catalog. Says that it's for RS models....any reason it can't be put on the RX models?
Part # 8ET-W8192-00-KT

Thanks
RXW10

The only issue you will have when trying to use that kit is that your RX model doesn't have the pigtail to plug it into installed from the factory on the sled (the RS models and phazers do). So if you buy the kit you will need to run wiring to the area you install it in to hook it up.

I just ran a length of two wires (Two stripped off a 4 wire trailer cable) down to the terminals on the jumper cables. Wrapped the wires around the terminals several times and slipped the plastic cover back over the ends to hold things in place. Then, I put a fuse in the hot wire right at the connection to the Jumper Cables. Routed the cable up to the handlebar and out from under the Pad Cover right next to the Parking Brake. On that end of the wire, I installed a female RCA plug, that I got from Radio Shack. Wire tied the cable under the hood to keep it from bouncing around. Got severl K miles w/o problems. Ole' Army saying is applicable: KISS

Back