• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dead battery

I seem to have a similar problem, but very intermintant, and worse when cold. Of coarse it always turns over fine in a warm shop. Looked at starter relay, and a couple of the spades under the white connector were discolored, but after cleaning them up, and adding dialectric, still an intermintant turn over problem exhists, and is worse when cold. has anyone seen a intermintant problem getting power thru the relay. I'm thinking that I will just order a new relay and try it........suggestions. Oh ya, It also cycles thru the gauges and fuel pump with no issue every time, and the I hear a slight click when turned to the crank posistion. thanks for the help

How old is your battery? A marginal battery will crank the engine fine in a warm shop but will not be strong enough to do the same in the cold.

Where is the relays located.

Last edited:
Left panel above footboard, holy old thread batman
Lol. I was getting and intermittent no crank and no instrument cluster lighting up when cycling key on. I found loose pin figment in the white 4 pin ignition switch connector. It is located 4 to 6 inches from ignition switch. I pull out all the pins and squeezed them together a bit and then filled the connection with di-electric grease.

Back