• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dead?

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
Okay here we go, 2015 viper started it to move to a different location and ran for about 15 minutes,shut down and then wanted to move it now it won’t start! Oil light is on while cranking and when I checked all the relays and fuses I noticed the ISC relay making a quite buzzing sound with the key off! So what the hell now with this piece of art? What is the ISC relay for?

I believe that ISC stands for Idle Speed Control...it is part of the fuel control system. The relays are "standard"/readily available and not very expensive. If you search the forums, you can find a part number for a better sealed version of the OEM relay (see https://ty4stroke.com/threads/viper-4-prong-relay.151836/). BOP (Barn of Parts) also has an "antifreeze" version of the relay (https://www.barnofparts.com/no-freeze-relay-new) made by Rock of RoczToyz. Good luck...sounds like a pretty minor issue (FWIW: I plan on replacing all of my relays on my 2015 Viper during this off season with the sealed-type-washable relays referenced in the aforementioned link...I bought them to have on hand in case if I had a failure, but never did...the original OEM relays will become my standbys).

and(FWIW: I plan on replacing all of my relays on my 2015 Viper during this off season with the sealed-type-washable relays referenced in the aforementioned link...I bought them to have on hand in case if I had a failure, but never did...the original OEM relays will become my standbys).
Same here with my 2017 XTX this summer! Good plan.

Well I got back to the sled because I had to move it from where it wouldn’t start. I turned the key and there was no power, checked voltage and there was 6 volts in the battery. Where did it go? So put the charger on for 15 hours and gave her a test, voltage was just over 13 and she whirled over and ran! Checked voltage at battery and it was 13.4 or so. Now I’m thinking back maybe the battery was a bit low on voltage giving the issue. Also how did the battery self drain over a couple weeks?

Well I got back to the sled because I had to move it from where it wouldn’t start. I turned the key and there was no power, checked voltage and there was 6 volts in the battery. Where did it go? So put the charger on for 15 hours and gave her a test, voltage was just over 13 and she whirled over and ran! Checked voltage at battery and it was 13.4 or so. Now I’m thinking back maybe the battery was a bit low on voltage giving the issue. Also how did the battery self drain over a couple weeks?

There is no way to answer that with any certainty. If you don't have anything plugged into the accessory outlet, and there hasn't been any modifications adding any accessories by splicing into the factory wiring or direct to the battery, then it could be the battery itself. As batteries age, the internal plates breakdown and they begin to short the cells internally, as a result, they can self-drain more rapidly than a healthy battery. Under charging, over charging, and temperature fluctuations over time all impact the performance of batteries...

Well the battery is due my 14 is on its 3rd & the 15 is on it's second. The speedo pulls power continuously and the batteries today are no challenge for those of yore. I run drip chargers on mine and still do not last. The viper is notorious for no start with a slightly drained battery

One of the guys on the forum here, MTNViper who makes the 4 strokes solutions roll over valve, stated at one time that leaving the key on but the kill switch off still has a parasitic draw on the battery. Always turn off the key was his advice.

Back