• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dealer installed supercharger next year, CR's sledblog

$2000 sounds about right. 90% of the guys on this sight are trail riders that are looking for about 20 to 30 extra horses. Not 100 to 200 extra HP at an extreme cost both money & reliabilty, not to mention weight. Nitrous is simple & fun on lakes, but not REAL on everyday trail riding. Look how many have bought air cleaners, clutch kits, exhausts, fuel & timing controllers for maybe 8 HP in mid range at almost the same cost. I personally have over $1000 in my Apex to barely get in front now, not to mention the money blown on clutch kits, air cleaners, timing keys, fuel accelerators. All did nothing. If this kit was available from the beginning; I could have saved money, headaches, time working on sled & wooped anybody with the "simple" mods I listed. I guess we're all different & this is a high price for some, but for alot of us this is exactly what we were looking for. This kit will sell HUGE! Now if they can make it look stock so people think i'm just really fast...I've got OCD & I admit it...

Daranello said:
Remember since they will be available at Yamaha the dealer needs his cut also$$$$ does Gilles own Kimpex???

Also $100 per HP seams about right.....make one for a Nytro and ill be the first to smack down $2500

Talked to him on Thursday and it won't happen.

stevewithOCD said:
$2000 sounds about right. 90% of the guys on this sight are trail riders that are looking for about 20 to 30 extra horses. Not 100 to 200 extra HP at an extreme cost both money & reliabilty, not to mention weight. Nitrous is simple & fun on lakes, but not REAL on everyday trail riding. Look how many have bought air cleaners, clutch kits, exhausts, fuel & timing controllers for maybe 8 HP in mid range at almost the same cost. I personally have over $1000 in my Apex to barely get in front now, not to mention the money blown on clutch kits, air cleaners, timing keys, fuel accelerators. All did nothing. If this kit was available from the beginning; I could have saved money, headaches, time working on sled & wooped anybody with the "simple" mods I listed. I guess we're all different & this is a high price for some, but for alot of us this is exactly what we were looking for. This kit will sell HUGE! Now if they can make it look stock so people think i'm just really fast...I've got OCD & I admit it...

I agree, where was it 2-3 years ago. I sold my sled and they won't make one for the Nytro.

SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
Remember since they will be available at Yamaha the dealer needs his cut also$$$$ does Gilles own Kimpex???

Also $100 per HP seams about right.....make one for a Nytro and ill be the first to smack down $2500

Talked to him on Thursday and it won't happen.
I talked to Gilles i think on Thursday also but did not talk about the Nytro. What was the reason for not doing the Nytro? Not able to make up for the reduced RPM? Or just not enough time for both project's. kviper

Sasquatch said:
Hey if you guys are talking to him could you ask him if this is going to work on the RX's. Mine needs a boost to carry my fat arse!

Here's what it said in his write up I copied...

We have a whole bunch of RX based engines still reliably spinning away out there with many customers waiting for the next iteration of the 4 holer. I’m thinking that the Yamcharger could be just the ticket to freshen up the old ride (RX-1’s included).

Sasquatch said:
Hey if you guys are talking to him could you ask him if this is going to work on the RX's. Mine needs a boost to carry my fat arse!
Best would be to give Gilles a call, He is a very nice intelligent person to talk to. I clicked on to G-Force on the first page and looked for a contact us and found a number. Good luck, Actually i need to call him again, Here is the number. (819)849-4849 kviper

Sounds like no kit for the RX, Not enough time. kviper

kviper said:
Sasquatch said:
Best would be to give Gilles a call, He is a very nice intelligent person to talk to. I clicked on to G-Force on the first page and looked for a contact us and found a number. Good luck, Actually i need to call him again, Here is the number. (819)849-4849 kviper

Hey thanks I emailed him and his reply was.

For now the doesn`t fit on RX but we think with minor modification on the air box, électric fuel pump, jet kit and clutch kit YAMCHARGER can fit to RX.
To depend the time for research and development we plane to built a kit for RX before december.
Gilles

And that my friends made me go Yee Haa!! As I thought an electric fuel pump would be needed to boost fuel pressure. Looks like a very Merry Christmas indeed.

To apltx08 guess I should read before I post. My wife says I never pay attention so please don't tell her! LOL

stevewithOCD said:

My sentiments exactly!!!

Mike

SledFreak said:
BOO-Hiss for the Nytro as well...

The simplicity of the kit comes from the RPM differential between the clutch and the crank on the 4cyl models. Since the Nytro isn't like that you'd basically have to design a system like the kit from MPI...which already exists. Maybe you can talk MPI into building you a kit with a big pully and no intercooler which would give you the same boost level (as the g-force kit) and take some $$ out of the kit.

I can see the G-force kit being VERY popular with all of us...guys who like pump gas and riding without messing around. I can't believe it took this long for someone to figure it out...it seems so simple now lol. Well done Gilles!!!!!

Back