• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dealer installed supercharger next year, CR's sledblog

Srxspec said:
snowmaaan said:
Allen;

It looks like 19.33 HP variance to me...can you elaborate on your findings?
If its 19hp at the track, what is the engine HP uptick?

Thanks!

19.33 hp difference at 180 km, yes, but at peak hp for both sleds it is only about 8 hp.

Peak at the track is only about 8 hp but across the whole run its much more then that it looks like. At 156 kms its a 20 hp difference.

Seems like till 50mph there is no real difference but after that the system starts to shine. 1.2 seconds less to 180 kms or 112 mph is a lot.

An engine dyno would show how much total boost in power is in the motor. A track dyno shows what both the supercharger and the clutch kit provide. So how much track hp can be made with a clutch kit alone?

Anyway still waiting for an RX kit!

Sasquatch said:
Srxspec said:
snowmaaan said:
Allen;

It looks like 19.33 HP variance to me...can you elaborate on your findings?
If its 19hp at the track, what is the engine HP uptick?

Thanks!

19.33 hp difference at 180 km, yes, but at peak hp for both sleds it is only about 8 hp.

Peak at the track is only about 8 hp but across the whole run its much more then that it looks like. At 156 kms its a 20 hp difference.

Seems like till 50mph there is no real difference but after that the system starts to shine. 1.2 seconds less to 180 kms or 112 mph is a lot.

An engine dyno would show how much total boost in power is in the motor. A track dyno shows what both the supercharger and the clutch kit provide. So how much track hp can be made with a clutch kit alone?

Anyway still waiting for an RX kit!
If my thinking is wright that is a 16% reduction in time to 180km/ph. 16% gain on 150 HP would be 24Hp. I know there are a lot of variables when this is all done through clutching and it would also be nice to see a straight motor dyno run. Two lb of boost should gain about twenty hp and could be more because you are not heating the charge air due to no exhaust involvement and low boost, There is also no drive mec to run to rob Hp. Sounds possible. kviper

I have sent in a request for an engine dyno run. I would assume these are very trustworthy people given their ties into Yamaha and my experiences with them thus far.

More to come when I hear back...

I'd be really interseted to see a set of HP@RPM dyno numbers. Stock vs. Yamcharger.

x 3, I may be dynoing my self before and after install but would like to see RPM/HP before i buy. kviper

kviper said:
If my thinking is wright that is a 16% reduction in time to 180km/ph. 16% gain on 150 HP would be 24Hp.

16% reduction in time does not equal hp to the motor. Track hp can be increased without increasing motor hp.

Now when can I buy a kit for my RX warrior?

ROCKERDAN said:
very interesting......so whos gonna go for it and test/tune for us all?....me?..lol

Dan

Wow, He's back.. I thought you fell off the end of the earth? You sledding this year?

Sasquatch said:
kviper said:
If my thinking is wright that is a 16% reduction in time to 180km/ph. 16% gain on 150 HP would be 24Hp.

16% reduction in time does not equal hp to the motor. Track hp can be increased without increasing motor hp.

Now when can I buy a kit for my RX warrior?
Just a ball park toss but no doubt clutch efficiency is a big variable in this equation, That is why i would like to see some motor (only) number's. An 8 to 10 hp gain at the track from clutching over stock is not out of the question. kviper

SledFreak said:
ROCKERDAN said:
very interesting......so whos gonna go for it and test/tune for us all?....me?..lol

Dan

Wow, He's back.. I thought you fell off the end of the earth? You sledding this year?

Im back buddy....missed the whole season last year but cant wait to ride this season....

this SC looks interesting....im up in TO right now for Kiss concert ACC.....lol

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
SledFreak said:
ROCKERDAN said:

Dan

Im back buddy....missed the whole season last year but cant wait to ride this season....

this SC looks interesting....im up in TO right now fir Kiss concert ACC.....lol

Dan

Sweet, they rock seen them last summer...

Back