• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dealer update on SD26 code, frozen relays and misfire/backfire

ronzx9

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder L-TX-LE, 2016 Grand Touring SE 1200
So my sled has been in the shop for over 2 weeks now since returning from Quebec where all riding was done in temps under -6F. I had run into the sd26 code, frozen relay for the dash display, bad miss and backfire under load and a broke seat heater.

1. They found the inter-cooler had approximately 8oz of water and oil in it.
  2. All intake side hoses and the turbo had pools of oil.
  3. The seat heating element was bad.
Despite discussions with Yamaha regarding posts on this site and frozen roll over valves yamaha states they cannot recreate the issue. Yamaha was supposed to call me but they have not. I want to tell them to take some sleds up north and ride where is is cold and they could see what we are experiencing.
Relays are on BO. My oil level tube is too dark to see the oil but that part is on BO.
Yamaha will not sanction removing the rollover valve. Has anyone been able to get Yamaha to do anything about the oil getting into the intake tract?

Pretty disappointed with my first dealings with Yamaha warranty issues. Very happy with Northridge Yamaha in Geneva Ohio with how helpful they have been with me even though I bought the sled elsewhere.

I found about 8oz of water in my intercooler along with the oil sludge too.
I believe part of the issue is the roll over valve but also noticed the guys in back of the riding pack had more water.
I think below zero snow dust get sucked into the intake and gets past the turbo to accumulate in the intercooler.
Quick fix is a drain in the bottom of the intercooler maybe.

We should all thank KNAPP for the fix....I for one am thankful.

So glad I pulled all that crap off early on, one LESS thing to worry about, and that list sure seems to be growing this season. Last year guys here must not have got alot of miles on these, as we are seeing alot more issues creep up from actual riding in actual cold weather.

Biggest problem I see is, YAM is nowhere to be seen or heard from. I have a feeling they are MIA and not really wanting anything to do with SLEDS from a design standpoint. And we will only see changes or updates from CAT side of things. Which leaves all the clutching issues to us here on TY4stroke.

It is what it is.....If you want the fastest most powerful production sled ever, we all need to work on these issues ourselves.

my 02 cents.
Dan

Back