• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Decals ???

NyTrOMaNIaC

TY 4 Stroke Master
Did anyone ever try placing some decals on the side panels of the Apex ? The side panel construction looks a bit rougher than the rest of the sled, so it might make it difficult for adhesion, but it would definitely show up the sled for sure. Never satisfied.....

It can be done... 3m has an adhesive backing that will work,but it is expensive.

STICKERS sound good !!!!

what are some of them going to be, if I can ask ? I'm definetly interested , have wondered this myself, why someone doesn't make a side business out of quality vinyl graphics, stickers etc. for the all of us....... , well maybe the other manufactures too....LOL. SOUNDS GREAT count me in on some !
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
" Four strokes are"
better than two :moon:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
That sounds like a good easy one to start with. Anyway, do you have some info on what will be made ? OR even better pictures would be awesome...... hint, hint ;)!

I had REDMATTER make me some chrome APEX GT stickers..

here they are..

Attachments

• APEX GT decal pic 1.jpg
    APEX GT decal pic 1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 84
that looks nice

Chrome, sliver,red,black,blue, would be some of my color choices, and making them look authentic similar to yamaha stickers would add to the classy look of our sleds.... but that's just my thought. Of course some obviously after market style decals would also look nice applied in various locations.
How about one that's LONG for the sides of our tunnels on the MNT . sleds on the tunnel between the seat and running boards. something durable that won't rub off in a few hundred miles from our boots touching them. . One that was like 36 to 40" long and 4" high saying Yamaha , or Apex MNT. ....I don't know but think a big vinyl decal like this for each side of the tunnel would look sweet! Chrome with a black back ground....? Another idea would be a nice large one for the rear of the tunnel for those of us that remove the rear rack. take up that big blank area like the ones they put on our old Mnt. Maxes . :bling

I would like to add more Blue Lightning Graphics to the sides and tunnel!
See pic.
Any one able to provide this?
Yamaha has the most conservative graphics, but they are getting beter!

Attachments

• 07Attak_cyber_3re.jpg
    07Attak_cyber_3re.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 94
I had a friend make me reflective numbers, blue witha red outline/background, that I put on the side panels. We cleaned and heated and got them to stick for a month or 2. Now they are half gone. Need better adhesive. I'd like a simple white YAMAHA decal and reflective numbers. New York requires reflective. Not sure wher to go. I asked the frined to look inot a better vinyl. Fall project I guess.

Sledboy said:
See pic.

Why not buy them from the dealer? I know I am going to ask my dealer to order a complete for me.

Maybe Yamaha knew that their sleds were just too fast, and didn't bother putting them on since they knew they would just fly off ! :D

Myself, I'm going to get some larger APEX decals made exactly like the windshield decal and put them on the black side panels outside where the clutch and chaincase sits, just not sure what color to go with yet....white, silver, or blue ?

byoffcr said:
Sledboy said:
See pic.

Why not buy them from the dealer? I know I am going to ask my dealer to order a complete for me.

Did you price them yet ? I read something like $60 US for ONE hood decal....whoa !

I agree, it's the only way you're gonna get the exact same look, just going to take a bit of prep work to make sure they don't come off. I can't wait till the RTX arrives, she's gonna look HOT !!!

Back