• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Demo Rides? What a let down!

Blu2u2 do you think it was because its in the front? As you may know I never rode a Viper but did ride the Procross Cats. I thought they were very quiet but that is in comparison to my Phazer which has a loud intake.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
09nytro said:
My mom and dad always told me " if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"
Doesn't always work.....yes I'm getting a new viper too :-o

Ya your probably right....BUTT..

NIGHT AFTER NIGHT of reading #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* in the Viper Forum ever Since the Viper release. ...I GUESS ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH....Time 4 Bounty 2 have a little fun, as for EVERY BAD POST I FIND....I'll do this to it....lol :mod:

It's really is nice to read some positive posts about the vipers, from guys who have seen and rode them. We all know they are not purfect...butt what is. I think these sleds are going to be the BEST RIDING YAMAHA's EVER and they LOOK AWESOME. ALL THE PHAZER Guys are going to FREAK their having so much fun and the Nytro guys will TWEAK THEM to their riding style and LOVE THEM.

I think for now this is a awesome sled FOR YAMAHA RIDERS, As far as who gets the better deal AC or YAMAHA.....WHO CARES they can work it out as it's ONLY A TEMP THING ANYWAYS......I still think this a GREAT SLED so just ENJOY IT. Im sure almost all you guys that SC one will NOT BE DISSAPOINTED

Hey...gotta go the LITTLE RED ONES ARE READY.....YUMIEEEEEE
:sled1:

Funny thing is on every post that says something bad about the Viper all I see is you and a couple others telling people they are wrong and the Viper is great. Maybe if you and some others quit trying to justify the Viper it would be fine. The guy said he didn't like it. Let him type what he wants.

Blu2U2 said:
Rode all three SE models today at the WI Rapids Demo event. My favorite was the LTX. With almost 1,300 miles on my 2013 AC turbo this past season I was used to the very nice ride of the Viper. The things I didn't like was the extra noise and the white looked dingy. Overall I really liked the ride of the Viper as it felt a lot lighter than my Cat. It handled the bumps great and seemed to float when I was able to launch it.

Besides the color (personal preference) and the noise I really liked the sled. The Yamaha rep. was asked about why the black and blue color combo wasn't an option. His reply was that they only had a limited amount of black and white tunnels made. I did say thay it would be very easy to swap the red plastic and seat with the blue. He agreed that this could be done. However, it sounded like you would have to find someone who wanted a red and white model since Yamaha wouldn't sell one that was blue and black.

Here are some pics from earlier today.

You have driven the Turbo Cat, Apex, Nytro, 800 Etec, and the new Viper.

Is it worth the money? Are you getting one or staying with the T1100?

Well tried them out today they handled very well I liked the 141 the best, turning was easy, took the bumps better than my attak , but it needs studs and more ponys for me to buy one. Over all a good trail sled that eats bumps , I'm gona wait for the big dog to come out in a couple years . :sled1: O ya I liked the red black way better in person!

Banks93 said:
Funny thing is on every post that says something bad about the Viper all I see is you and a couple others telling people they are wrong and the Viper is great. Maybe if you and some others quit trying to justify the Viper it would be fine. The guy said he didn't like it. Let him type what he wants.

I have no trouble with that...BUTT...BE HONEST don't talk smack when you haven't even seen it or rode it, as MOST OF THEM HAD NOT!.
......ESPECIALLY the first week after the release.

There are lots of posts that are negative about the vipers that i never said anything on, everyone has their opinion....BUTT AGAIN WE DO NOT NEED TO SEE AND HEAR THE SAME CHIT on every thread. I ALSO ENJOY reading negitive reports that are well thought out and written, the thruth might sting a bit but that's the way it is......DO NOT JUST RANT BECAUSE OF BS.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Banks93 said:

I have no trouble with that...BUTT...BE HONEST don't talk smack when you haven't even seen it or rode it, as MOST OF THEM HAD NOT!.
......ESPECIALLY the first week after the release.

There are lots of posts that are negative about the vipers that i never said anything on, everyone has their opinion....BUTT AGAIN WE DO NOT NEED TO SEE AND HEAR THE SAME CHIT on every thread. I ALSO ENJOY reading negitive reports that are well thought out and written, the thruth might sting a bit but that's the way it is......DO NOT JUST RANT BECAUSE OF BS.

My thoughts exactly!!!

I hear a lot of positives on the 141 eating the bumps for breakfast. Is there any reason the XTX would be a bad choice for someone who rides 90% groomed trail but wants to get in the powder once in a while? My dealer says they have over 30 orders with NONE being XTX. Most of their customers go to Quebec like I do.

actionjack said:
I hear a lot of positives on the 141 eating the bumps for breakfast. Is there any reason the XTX would be a bad choice for someone who rides 90% groomed trail but wants to get in the powder once in a while? My dealer says they have over 30 orders with NONE being XTX. Most of their customers go to Quebec like I do.

Because the xtx has a uncoupled rear skid and I think no sway bar.

Banks93 said:
Blu2U2 said:
Rode all three SE models today at the WI Rapids Demo event. My favorite was the LTX. With almost 1,300 miles on my 2013 AC turbo this past season I was used to the very nice ride of the Viper. The things I didn't like was the extra noise and the white looked dingy. Overall I really liked the ride of the Viper as it felt a lot lighter than my Cat. It handled the bumps great and seemed to float when I was able to launch it.

Besides the color (personal preference) and the noise I really liked the sled. The Yamaha rep. was asked about why the black and blue color combo wasn't an option. His reply was that they only had a limited amount of black and white tunnels made. I did say thay it would be very easy to swap the red plastic and seat with the blue. He agreed that this could be done. However, it sounded like you would have to find someone who wanted a red and white model since Yamaha wouldn't sell one that was blue and black.

Here are some pics from earlier today.

You have driven the Turbo Cat, Apex, Nytro, 800 Etec, and the new Viper.

Is it worth the money? Are you getting one or staying with the T1100?

I am not sure right now. I don't have enough ride time on the 800 Etec so I can only really use the Yamaha sleds and my Turbo Cat for a good comparison. I prefer the more agressive stand-up ride so the Apex is not in my favorite list. I am very happy with the ride of the ProCross Chassis. It is even better with the (lighter weight) Yamaha motor and clutches. So the Nytro is out.
I also will say that the Demo ride was somewhat limited since we had a lead rider and couldn't really give it a test on top speed. I think a Viper with some "mods" would be my sled of choice.
If my Cat didn't like eating belts so darn much I wouldn't be looking to go back to blue. I have less than one month to decide if or what sled I will be getting for next season.

XTX has the same front end as the rest with the fox floats, only difference is the uncoupled rear skid

It is interesting that the XTX is so well liked for its suspension since among the XF Procross owners with the air rear shock many thought the ride was harsh or bottomed.Must have improved valving.

maybe helps that there are yamaha reps watching over, for quality purposes

Back