• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Desperate for Electrical Help Ignition Fuse Keeps Blowing(long read)

It was a faulty accessory I had on there. Only did it when cold. Under 20deg. Remove it and haven’t popped one yet.
I'm curious as to what kind of accessory could pop a 40amp fuse. I'm guessing this accessory didn't have it's own properly rated fuse.

I'm curious as to what kind of accessory could pop a 40amp fuse. I'm guessing this accessory didn't have it's own properly rated fuse.
As with all the Magical Pixies to all but the best electrical engineers they can be a mystery. All I know is I removed it 3 seasons ago 10000mi easy since and haven’t had a single electrical issue since. The company that made it is a awesome company that bent over backwards to make me happy and will forever have my support and business. So unless anyone has this very specific issue of popping ignition fuse at temperatures below 20deg f the only way to know exactly what I 99% think caused it is to call me. That 1% of doubt I have is more than enough to not run a awesome company through the mud of public opinion. Thanks

Last edited:
As with all the Magical Pixies to all but the best electrical engineers they can be a mystery. All I know is I removed it 3 seasons ago 10000mi easy since and haven’t had a single electrical issue since. The company that made it is a awesome company that bent over backwards to make me happy and will forever have my support and business. So unless anyone has this very specific issue of popping ignition fuse at temperatures below 20deg f the only way to know exactly what I 99% think caused it is to call me. That 1% of doubt I have is more than enough to not run a awesome company through the mud of public opinion. Thanks

Hey, I can respect that. No sense in bad mouthing a product or company. I understand even high end stuff fails from time to time, I've experienced this many times. Life goes on just the same.

UPDATE.... turns out the little pump wires in the tank rubbed together and after 10,000 miles made contact with each other would have never found it if I hadn't pulled the pump out of the horn lesson learned changed pump anyway. :-o

This is what happened to me this week while preparing my oil change...
Fuse box held with 2 metal stems, very sharp edges. One wire was rubbing on it and wore to the wire causing a shortage. I taped the wire and added a sticky foam on one of the stems.
Make sure you check it out!
From running my motor before draining the oil to nothing... just like that! Glad it happened in my garage and not on the trails!
Runs fine now after a full day of searching!

Attachments

• received_233729862869606.jpeg
    received_233729862869606.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 45
  • received_832976591798954.jpeg
    received_832976591798954.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 47
  • received_6315798855178310.jpeg
    received_6315798855178310.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 45
  • received_295660882983223.jpeg
    received_295660882983223.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 41
  • received_1215881322435066.jpeg
    received_1215881322435066.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 46
This is what happened to me this week while preparing my oil change...
Fuse box held with 2 metal stems, very sharp edges. One wire was rubbing on it and wore to the wire causing a shortage. I taped the wire and added a sticky foam on one of the stems.
Make sure you check it out!
From running my motor before draining the oil to nothing... just like that! Glad it happened in my garage and not on the trails!
Runs fine now after a full day of searching!
Great catch!

Back