• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Desperate for Electrical Help Ignition Fuse Keeps Blowing(long read)

Wow that’s a bitch! Was just thinking the short could also be in the right throttle block assembly that houses the kill switch too. Good thing the seasons about done around here at least your not missing any great trails.

Guess what. Still in trailer still hood on, Still being careful not to move anything. It now quit blowing fuses and runs fine. Had MtCooler over to show him the fuse blowing. Would not blow one but he spotted this!
View attachment 147569 View attachment 147570
Is it still not blowing fuses? Could water be getting into something like ignition switch? Seems like sitting in trailer it has had a chance to dry out and the concern goes away?

Is it still not blowing fuses? Could water be getting into something like ignition switch? Seems like sitting in trailer it has had a chance to dry out and the concern goes away?
Still runs fine as of last night which did not go below freezing but close. All other tests where fuse was popping it was below freezing. So thinking temp may matter. Hood is still on so in first episode where I thought removing hood cured it. It must have just been coincidence. Was in shop when removed hood so warm. I am now in guessing mode and replacing components. Voltage regulator and Key switch will be first.

Several years ago had a similar problem on a SkiDoo blowing the brake light fuse over and over. Dealer could not fix. Finally found water in fuse socket. Dried it out and solved problem. Hope that helps.

OK went out to trailer this morning. Well below freezing and careful not to bump or touch anything Ignition fuse popped instant I turned key to on position. So Temperature related for sure.
Now good News. Cobrajet LtxDx here sent me a bunch of Proffesional electrical test tools. Never met the Dude in my life but a member here. Cant wait to try them and a HUGE THANK YOU COBRA!
DSC01144.JPG

Possible water freezing somewhere in the handlebar harness? That Marco tool seems like a must have. I hate electrical, so anything I can get to help with wires is money well spent.

Back