• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

devil's 08 Nytro MCX

devil

Extreme
I haven't really started a dedicated thread of my own, so here it is.
Stockness out at the cabin (except the adjustable risers which i've had from day one and i LOVE them)
n809085530_2354208_5484.jpg

after the turbo
P4120052.jpg

power makes you feel good, you no longer have to worry about not making it to the top. Instead you have to worry about hitting the bumps fast and hard and catwalking the machine, which can sometimes result in this.
S5300254.jpg

A beatiful view, and no headlight thanks to going over backwards (not the pic above) steering post was also bent, but still rideable. I have to say the new yamahas hold up nice, it dropped 10 feet over backwards and all that broke was the headlight, couple windshield bolts and the steering post bent.
S5300287.jpg

Bought the sled, and then turboed it and put in new drivers that was all last year, this year has some new toys. ceramic coated exhaust was first, finished the install tonight
866cba04.jpg

flex sections and header clamped in
the whole exhaust used to look pretty much like the Band clamps do
4dad6b13.jpg

me getting the oil lines on
f96ca2bb.jpg

and this is how she looks now, the turnup for the air filter is just added as well, to prevent snow/ice build up on the filter which causes power loss.
8dfccfa2.jpg

i've also got a new track in a box in the garage camo extreme 162x15x2.5, boost controller is at the dealer, and stiffer rear torsion springs going in (i'm 200lbs before i gear up). Also on order is a wildchild steering post to replace the bent one, and a steering relocation kit.

should add, the ceramic coating (and any further coating i get done) was done at Impact coatings in edmonton
track, extensions, and i'm sure other stuff later, purchased at specialty in edmonton
MCX turbo kit purchased and installed at Whitecourt Yamaha, also buying my boost controller there. VERY happy with the service i got, i dealt with Kelly.

I would recomend these places to anyone, anytime.

this year is going to be good :D

Nice pics and vid. Those exhaust parts looks trick too. Keep the pics and vids coming. Turbo is something else :)

Please add your location in your profile, site rules :)

thanks, i'm super happy with the ceramic on the exhaust as well, now every time i look at the sled i keep thinking "i can powder coat this or that"

still waiting on more parts, so until i get them in the supra is getting my attention. i can't have just one money pit, need one for each half of the year so that i'm always broke :p

I can hear you hahaha you've got the sickness too :)

I guess you have a turboed Supra :) some car you've got, do you have any pics of it to share?

rxrider

its actually an older mk2 supra, 83. I just love them. Its getting the turbo engine from a mk3 swapped into it. good rebuild, cams, headwork, trimmed turbo, should be good for 250+rwhp at 7-8psi. which IMO is perfect for the mk2 supra, puts it in the mid or low 13's with a good launch.
1a5b13a6.jpg

Nice classic Toyota import car :) I had a '85 Toyota Carina II way back, rode it past 200000 miles, lost it back in 2000 when it caught fire in the parking lot at work. The Toyota's sure equals Yamaha when it comes to reliability.

well, cleaning the garage and pulling some last bits from the mk3 supra donor car turned into both of those things, and this
f10b750e.jpg

got the front end apart fine, removed the sway bar (not going back on), and did the 2mm mod to the upper ball joints. the front subframe is going to be getting some weld in bracing before it all goes back together.

Nice, keep em pics coming :)

well today i uber-beefed up the front end. this is it for welding on it for now.
before(pic borrowed from TY)
bb268e19.jpg

after
056d07a2.jpg

82ed8678.jpg

someone on snow and mud already caught it, but the front tab for the stock skid plate won't work now apparently. i admit its a complete oversight on my part but it will all work out, and i'm ordering the skinz float plate too so that will offer some more protection anyways.

and i got a call from whitecourt today saying my parts are in, so maybe tommorow i will go for a drive and pick them up. Parts are Apex mountain rear springs, hand guards, and a boost controller. My projectors, steering post and relocation should have shipped today as well. :d

2f54948c.jpg

i did the arms as well, don't have pics of them at the moment
173f6a38.jpg

been lazy on my own sled, and have been working on my cousins MXZ a lot, so not a whole lot done on mine.
got the new track in there, changed the torsion springs on the skid, got the old sliders off. subframe back on and some plastic on. Also started the install of the Wildchild steering post relocation.

still waiting on my new balljoints from alberta cycle before i put the control arms on.
my skinz float plate is here, projectors are here, oilite bushings are in the arms already, ready to go in.

all the sled needs is the ball joints to get here and to have me get motivated and put one day into it and it will be good to go.

First ride scheduled for Nov.21 :D

been a while since i updated, a while ago i got the track,rail extensions, new sliders and stiffer torsion springs on.
then, more recently i put the front end back on, along with the new steering post. discovered my post relocation won't work with the aftermarket riser i have. today i got the oil change done, gear oil put in, handguards put on, seat and rear plastic put back on. And the boost controller is installed as well :D i'm probably forgetting about something else i did, but suffice to say, its coming together and won't take much more to finish.
cfd8f71c.jpg

0a4a593c.jpg

AND, as an added bonus here are the pics from my first trip this year.

15e7467b.jpg

But, there are still some hidden rocks. and some of them are huge and very well hidden.
f3a30e8c.jpg

:eek:wned:

the trailing arm is obviously done, both control arms are very bent and snapped off, tie rod is bent, sway bar endlink broke, ski might be reusable, shock is bent, speedo cable got eaten by one of the clutches when the body work was pushed in.

oh, and its my dads machine :smack: but thats almost no different than it being my machine.

As long as no one was hurt, looks like that smack had the potential for injuries. And I think that would have been my exact reaction.

smacked my knee and got a small but deep bruise, was gone within a week. could have been a lot worse if i had gone straight into the bars instead of over them.

got the track aligned and tensioned tonight, hopefully its not too loose, if it is its not hard to tighten on the trail anyways. i still have a couple weeks till the ride so i should have plenty of time to get the nytro done and fix the MM700, already have a new trailing arm, tie rod and speedo cable (assuming they gave me the right one) can't find any radius rods though so i will probably end up making new ones.

Back