• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DID THE 2007 ATTACK HAVE HANDWARMER ISSUES?

CENA

Expert
Hello, looking into a couple of sleds. Came across a 2007 Attack. Did these have the handwarmer issues also? What other problems did they have? Thanks!

I think all 2007 models had the crappy hand warmers. That problem is easily fixed however by simply buying the Yamaheater from Rockmeister. Not sure about other problems except that it may have too much glycol in the cooling system causing it to overheat too easily.

Yes. Just like the rest of the 4 stroke Yamahas. The hand warmers are not that good.
As Blue Dave mentioned, 100% glycol mix from the factory.
A rear cooler is a nice addition to the sled and the W arm is in need of being reinforced like the 08 Apex/Attak models are.

snappy said:
06 was the problem year my 07 is fine 98% of the time.

Yes. 06 was worse with the short heated grips and the aluminum hooks that acted like heat sink and took alot of the heat away from your hands.

07 bars are bent with the hooks eliminating the aluminimun heat sink bar hooks. Much better but still not that great.

my 07 RTX warmers are great. I found the secret is to ride with thin gloves. I need to turn them down in most conditions.

My thin gloves work great with the grip heaters when its warmer ,but when its cold those gloves dont keep the tops of my hands warm so i put the thick gloves on and then you cant feel the warmers and your hands freeze .I gota get some yamaheaters ! :o|

Back