• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you enjoy what have currently? (no whiners)

View attachment 152114

For those of the Minnesota members, this post is for you!!

Amazing day. We started out at Two Inlets at -19, and this photo was shot right about the donut. We may have seen 4 above for a high. But that’s the price to pay for bluebird skies and the best January conditions we have seen.

Forest Riders and Nevis Trailblazers are killing it up here! They have all the trails in great condition for the races next week. We probably put down the fastest rips over to Stompin Grounds for lunch. Then back to Spikes for the end of the Bison game. Then off to Clancy’s at Vacationaire for the start of the Vikings game.

Keywords for you: Scout Trail and Steamboat!! WOW!!!

Get up here kids!!
Wish I had gone that way. Currently riding out of McGregor. It's average at best.

Im enjoying my 15 viper stx-dx still...nothing out there id rather have...added all accessorys I wanted and does pretty much all I need...
great on trails , clutched proper it pulls hard , have all the wind protection and storage is excellent even has 2- up seat and hitch..
reasonable off trail of course no mountain sled but plenty enough for this areas snows..
hope it last forever cause I don't want anouther sled..first time I never lusted for something else after a couple of seasons..

Sometimes at -19f, you just have to enjoy the true bluebird sky. Snow is like sugar at this temp and must not be wasted!!

And yes, I had to edit a couple videos for phone viewing on Tik Tok/Instagram. I work with 20-something millidiots. What can I say.

My real goal is to get more likes than my 18 year old. She knows I'm a geek!

Last edited:
Wanna know what I enjoy about what I ride, the sound! Anyone that has any miles on the Apex, loves the sound.

This clip has very minimal soundtrack associated with it, so that the purest can appreciate the engine, and acceleration. I even tried some Matrix "bullet cam" editing so any MN members may be able to recognize themselves in my clips.

For the MN members:
So we just finished lunch at the Stompin Grounds North of Aikley, and are headed back through the Nevis Trailblazers trails on to the Forest Riders trails.

This run is called Steamboat. And it is home to wide grooming and big sweeping corners. You would have to intentionally try to blow out a corner they are so gradual. This is one of the main artery trails in the Trailblazer system.

This trail turns into the Scout Trail once you cross over into Forest Rider country.

It’s an amazing good time and you should come up and enjoy all the clubs hard work!

Wanna know what I enjoy about what I ride, the sound! Anyone that has any miles on the Apex, loves the sound.

This clip has very minimal soundtrack associated with it, so that the purest can appreciate the engine, and acceleration. I even tried some Matrix "bullet cam" editing so any MN members may be able to recognize themselves in my clips.

For the MN members:
So we just finished lunch at the Stompin Grounds North of Aikley, and are headed back through the Nevis Trailblazers trails on to the Forest Riders trails.

This run is called Steamboat. And it is home to wide grooming and big sweeping corners. You would have to intentionally try to blow out a corner they are so gradual. This is one of the main artery trails in the Trailblazer system.

This trail turns into the Scout Trail once you cross over into Forest Rider country.

It’s an amazing good time and you should come up and enjoy all the clubs hard work!

l

For the MN members:

Love your vids.

Hers & His Lovin it!

Attachments

• ABBE72C8-CC61-4DE5-876A-59CBBBD75970.jpeg
    ABBE72C8-CC61-4DE5-876A-59CBBBD75970.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 140
Yesterday was one of those days we like to refer to as Slot-Car Snow. It was nearly perfect out, other than overcast and flat light. So we hit the woods.

We had two Mississippi Headwaters virgins in our foursome, so we made off for Itasca. And with all the traffic hitting North-Central MN, you see Itasca early in the weekend. 80 miles before lunch and 160 miles on the day.

What a great ride! Apex performed flawlessly on the trails and the lakes covered in a crazy amount of snow!

Attachments

• E37E60A8-F983-410A-9C21-D631B633F34A.jpeg
    E37E60A8-F983-410A-9C21-D631B633F34A.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 4EC6ECC1-0341-40CF-ADF1-2F2C606DF112.jpeg
    4EC6ECC1-0341-40CF-ADF1-2F2C606DF112.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 118
Currently riding an 06 RS Vector GT & very happy, looking to upgrade to a newer version with fuel injection & YPS. Possibly another Vector or an Apex.

Attachments

• 20180826_202448.jpg
    20180826_202448.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 106
I think it is very important to swap sleds throughout the day. Many folks get different colored blinders. And I think the more we all share each others sled, the more we appreciate the plus's and minuses of each brand/model. I do love letting guys ride my trail tank and watch there reaction when they find out how easy it is to ride.

I also like getting the feel for what others think is an acceptable amount of suspension, under steer, darting, lightness/heaviness. They are all relative traits. But I am always glad to get back on whatever I am comfortable with. And that's the real point. Anyone can get comfortable on anything.

Cool vids! Theres still powder out there to be had, we were riding in around 2ft untouched powder this last weekend around the f/m area.
As for having fun riding what you have, I still have fun riding the old phazer 2, makes some of that powder a challange. The very best part is seeing my kids get old enough to enjoy riding.

nothing to bitch about here...no snow to ride on so nothing to bitch about. hopefully next week...Maine trails a bit thin in a few places.

All sleds are great! I had A wide range of sleds in my last 25 years or so, they all have pros and cons. Just bought my first Artic Cat this summer 2019 ZR RR 8000. love it! Any time spent in the U.P riding no matter what it is, Is far better than not riding anything or going to work! Enjoy your ride,your riding buds,and your time off from work. Life is to short to bitch and sweat the small stuff! ALTHOUGH,it is fun to banter back and forth with your buds about who has the fastest sled. LOL

Back