• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you enjoy what have currently? (no whiners)

Another 46 miles tonight. Everything was groomed, and we had 3” of fresh blowing in and making it a powdery smooth ride!

9A82D532-FF5E-4E37-8D9E-A62D188F2326.jpeg

Man you are some lucky, major rain event for here, great picture. :(

This is really great to hear guys! Do I love mine? Undoubtedly. Made me faster,safer,more comfortable and costed less per mile than any other sled I owned. But #1 it and Phazer were they key to meeting so many great friends from here. So many memories. TY the best feature Yamaha has to offer by far.

To answer the ORIGINAL question: YES i'm happy!
I have a 17 Sidewinder. It's had some issues, but man-o-man it's FUN
I was out with 2 Apexes the other day, my old '07 GT with 20,000 miles & a '09 RTX with 1000 miles on it.
We swapped a few times & i remembered how mean they sound & how fun they were to ride.
BUT, everytime we rode the Winder, we ALL agreed it's lightyears ahead of the trusted Apex.
I brace for bumps that i never feel. It sits higher even for a smaller dude like myself it's still more comfy.

I also truly ENJOY wrenching & fixing things myself. It's like meditation being in the garage with Classic Rock playing while getting greasy.
WE are a fickle bunch. We are never satisfied cuz we always see room for improvement. WE want super light, super fast sleds that last forever in an absolutely ABUSIVE environment..............................and for under $10,000!

BUT YES.....................i am happy!

P.S: I'm happy riding my dads' old '88 Formula MX around the lake. I just LOVE to ride snowmobiles...........PERIOD!

Last edited:
Just purchased my 06 Apex so excited for this year we go 2 to 3 times a year and looking forward to some fun riding
Nice.. you will have fun for sure, your riding a very reliable machine that to this day put smiles on riders faces.

Got a rx1 121 in 2013 after getting stuck the first ride. tarted the upgrade. lot of upgrade to ride better. then switch to a apex engine on the rx1. Sold it this year for a 2017 sidewinder btx. Only did 250km but it better and way more power. I do my own work so maintenance on the winder it's not a problem. Also all the upgrade from this website and BOP part make it more reliable.
Resizer_15764468744310.jpg
Resizer_15752171624043.jpg

Oh my, I swear we have had the best December condition in many years. And even with our epic snow year last year, it never got kicked off till after xmas.

We put on 100 miles yesterday and ran into all sorts of conditions (video to come) We had groomed trails, unpacked trails. 2-3' deep untracked ditches and a few pit stops for a bump! Seven went out, and seven made it home, that's a good way to end the day. A couple rollovers, but in deep snow, so no injuries other than pride.

Good times in North Central MN. For those in MN, we dropped at Ice Cracking Resort, ran across to the South trail around Itasca State Park, to Spikes for Lunch. Then headed down towards Two Inlets, ran the ditches along 34 into Osage for a bump at OBT (Osage Bait and Tackle) and then on back to Ice Cracking via Two inlets.

I rode my first 998T sled in my buddies ZR9000 LXR. Scary quick sled for the tight trails. Once setup, I'm sure it will be fun, but she was a darty animal yesterday. Nothing an alignment and shock adjustment can't fix. He got on my daughters Viper and realized how a ProCross chassis should feel when properly setup.

Good times, I'm over 250 miles on the year!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5389.jpg
    IMG_5389.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 101
Owned many different Yamaha models since the 70's, not one ever left me stranded. Rode a 2006 Attak for 9 seasons, almost 23,000 miles with original engine, track & clutch. Current sled, a 2013 RS Venture GT is a great ride, my son says the wide seat is like a Gold Wing. I call it the Snow Sofa, with room for the wife occasionally...

Without:
20180209_145719.jpg

And with:

20160102_170407.jpg

Back