• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you enjoy what have currently? (no whiners)

Great footage! What kind of drone do you have following you around?

I have been a creator on GoPro's radar for a while now. And they got us in on pre-orders of the new GoPro Max 360. I am just learning to edit the video that it produces. As it has two 180 degree cams and it stitches the clips together in the camera to over capture all the way around me and delete the stick below it. So it appears to be floating above my head.

This will get better as the stuff I shot this weekend is much better. You can hear me giggle in my helmet!!

24BB1317-E3FB-4166-86DF-591B00321EC6.jpeg

There is a reason Yamaha gets compared to Maytag. My second Apex passed 10,000 miles this week

we got more amazing miles on the last couple days
1B4EBEFE-DD29-4BFF-AABB-2414EE5C1EAC.jpeg
691626DF-17CE-47F4-A7A4-FD2E3A77BAD8.jpeg

it was about this time last year that we got our first storm. And yes, we have been blessed with a massive storm this past weekend.

We rode over a foot of powder on top of groomed trails! I was breaking trail, on the trail for miles!! We stuffed short tracks right and left, what a blast. This coming weekend should be groomed powder everywhere! At least the rain was kept at bay for a bit yesterday.

I need to edit some video. This 360 stuff takes a bit of time.

It's all about the quick clips these days. Lots of things going on and little time to edit video!

So we will have to go with quality over quantity. Enjoy!

Got in 78 miles around the Detroit Lakes and Cormorant Lakes area yesterday. 6-12" of slush and water under the top layer of snow. Sort of spooky, but good times on great trail snow!!

Hey I was skiing on Detroit "mountain" yesterday. ;)

Hey I was skiing on Detroit "mountain" yesterday. ;)

Great conditions for sure. It was actually a little too warm. The wind was sure whipping most of the day. I bet you noticed that much more on the ski hill than we did on the sleds. We were hearing for 40mph gusts and higher to the South. Sure glad we didn't get the sub zero temps with it, as that would have been much worse.

I'm looking forward to some light snow this week, and another great weekend next weekend!!

Got our first ride of the season in this past weekend. Yes, love what we have. Last winter we had a friend up to ride with us and he couldn’t handle an older ZL 550, so he took my wife’s 16 Apex XTX with the power steering, and she rode my 17 Sidewinder LTX LE, I rode the old oil cat. She liked the Sidewinder so much we snowchecked one last spring. 250 miles on it now and she’s lovin it! 2020 SW LTX GT! Kept the Apex for friends and backup. Over 7,000 mile on it and my 17 SW LTX LE!!!

Last edited:
F3753FFD-DD5E-4F15-9E5E-9290B1E7D3BC.jpeg

For those of the Minnesota members, this post is for you!!

Amazing day. We started out at Two Inlets at -19, and this photo was shot right about the donut. We may have seen 4 above for a high. But that’s the price to pay for bluebird skies and the best January conditions we have seen.

Forest Riders and Nevis Trailblazers are killing it up here! They have all the trails in great condition for the races next week. We probably put down the fastest rips over to Stompin Grounds for lunch. Then back to Spikes for the end of the Bison game. Then off to Clancy’s at Vacationaire for the start of the Vikings game.

Keywords for you: Scout Trail and Steamboat!! WOW!!!

Get up here kids!!

Great vids. Maybe start a new post in the Photos and Vids forum for all to enjoy as the title of this thread is a bit misleading for these great vid clips.

The point of the thread is to prove that you enjoy what you are riding currently in any way you can, without whining about what may or may not be coming in future. I happen prove it by posting pics and clips.

There are too many threads of whiners, whining and not putting on any miles due to lack of snow, lack of ambition, or they are not happy with their current sled.

That was the reason I started this thread, in case anyone cared for a positive thread. We can have an admin move it if you want.

Back