• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Difficult starting in extreme cold

Thanks Stan, that is about what I thought.

The new VK540 is a contender, I can't imagine what it would do with those skis.

Unalakleet, Alaska....had not started my 2016 Venture MP for a week, and it’s been 10-25 below. Started it the other morning with no problem at -25f. Haven’t had to use the coolant heater yet. So far, I’m happy I went with the mp rather than the Doo Expedition 900 ace...I personally know a few people who’s 600 or 900 ace had mystery electrical issues that prevented starting. Missed out on weeks of hunting/trapping...one of the guys ended up just buying another snow machine.

I’m thinking about building a very small compact portable propane stove/heater/ burner that could be put into engine compartment to warm engine if in remote area. I will never need it but I like a challenge! Lol .. it can be done and be safe as well.....don’t think it be too hard . No need for electricity

I had a 2008 with dealer installed coolant heater.oil heater.trickle charger.sled would start on its own down to -22,f..plugged in all night maybe -26,f.coolant heater heated every thing but engine,i moved coolant heater to front of engine to the water pump outlet hose[tight fit but doable] will now start any temp in one hour plugged in.highly recommend ski shim to correct eratic ,darting steering.
I know this is a old post but so you have pictures? I looked and it’s right tight looks like rubber hose next to heater will be sitting on the heater, I worried if will start to melt hose. The hose I circled the one you installed it on?

Attachments

• E62DEF8C-8EA9-4BDF-ADD9-52C3A360F4D3.jpeg
    E62DEF8C-8EA9-4BDF-ADD9-52C3A360F4D3.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 97

Back