• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

display went blank - PLEASE HELP!

driventowin

An ideas on what to do. anybody work on these or do I have to buy a new one. Very dipleased with Yamaha on this one!!!!!! 600 miles!

You sure its not just a loose connector at back of it?If you had that plug off could one of the wires be pushed back?How did this happen?What was done right before it went blank?

Checking fuses in a few minutes. New battery a week ago. I was riding an it just went blank. I brought it in the heated shop and noticed the rubber boot had pulled back. Had moisture in it. I will also check the pins in the plug. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

Problem fixed!!!

I played with the plug with the key turned on and now it is working. Thanks a ton for all the help!!!! Here are a couple of picks of the Phazer RTXtreme project. It now has a Polaris IQR rear suspension!

Attachments

• IMG_20101216_130101.jpg
    IMG_20101216_130101.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 61
I don't mean this as an insult but it's kinda funny that you have the talent to install that skid, do the paint, and make a great looking sled but your stumped by a loose plug on the speddo.

Is the track still 14" wide, did you have to mod that skid to make it fit?

actually had played with the plug quite a bit without any luck. That is why I posted here before I spent too much time chasing my tail. Not very happy with how easy it is to get water in this guage.

Track is a polaris track(14") that bolts right in. I am using a IQR skid as the stock skid is no wheres near strong enough for what I plan to do with this sled. The ride is far superior now. Thes shocks are also worth every penny as the front suspension really handles great. My sway bar is gone and I could not be happier! I am not a fan of sway bars when the going gets rough. They have their place but not in this application.

I still have a ways to go with clutching. I am doing some testing with some race setups but still need to test more to get where I want to be.

Will be upgrading the motor as well. No turbo or supercharger in the plans.

Always looking for discussions, hence the post on this site.

I will post more pictures soon!

Matt Pfankuch

driventowin said:
actually had played with the plug quite a bit without any luck. That is why I posted here before I spent too much time chasing my tail. Not very happy with how easy it is to get water in this guage.

Yep I got water in mine. Brought it in and tried to dry it out. No luck. Took it apart and wiped everything. It's still frosting up on the display. Needless to say, I also am not so pleased.

You could try taking it off and putting it in a sealed container of uncooked rice for a few days. That's a trick some friends have used to dry out cell phones and other electronics that have taken an unexpected swim.

driventowin said:

Track is a polaris track(14") that bolts right in. I am using a IQR skid as the stock skid is no wheres near strong enough for what I plan to do with this sled. The ride is far superior now. Thes shocks are also worth every penny as the front suspension really handles great. My sway bar is gone and I could not be happier! I am not a fan of sway bars when the going gets rough. They have their place but not in this application.

I still have a ways to go with clutching. I am doing some testing with some race setups but still need to test more to get where I want to be.

Will be upgrading the motor as well. No turbo or supercharger in the plans.

Always looking for discussions, hence the post on this site.

I will post more pictures soon!

Matt Pfankuch

Come on Matt sway bars are good in some things. Not Snox but needed in Cross country. You racing this winter? BTW get ahold of me I have some clutch set-ups that may help

Back