• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

do floats on the mtx help out the handling????

phazermtxrider

Extreme
i'v herd that putting fox floats on the front of the mtx will help out the tipping of the sled when trail riding is that true ??

That is true with the GYTR's they helped out a lot. I don't know about the fox floats yet. I do have them I my sled this year. I will let you know how it goes.

they have helped alot with all the sleds i've put them on; M7, M1000, APEX.

I imagine that it would help alot! Being able to tune them by adjusting air pressure is a big plus.

Definitely an improvement with the air pressure adjustability. I ride in the bush and carve in powder alot and to be able to lower the pressure is great. And when I need it stiffer for cornering and hard pack it works well. I did make a bracket mount for the front shocks so they mounted above the subframe 1 1/2". It made a huge difference before I bought the floats but I did not feel like investing the time.

This bracket for the shock mount option would not be bad if you did not want to spend the money on floats. Just a bit of time and not much money to make out of 1/4" steel. Also good clicker shocks from the start would help to do the above mod.

Just remember if you change the front, in this case probably a bit stiffer, the rear end will be falling short. Teh rear shocks are as good as the fronts, which which would be useless. So if you mod the front you really need to mod the rears as well. If not the rears will be that much worse.

oooo ya deffinently, i took out the rear allready and im trying to get a pair of ski doo shocks, and thanx, im getting exited to try the sled out this winter!!

It's unfortunate Yamaha skimped on the shock package with this sled. I really don't understand why they didn't just put the STD rebuildables they used for the Nytro mtx. This sled really is a blast to ride but the shocks are constantly reminding you how far from acceptable they are. At least with rebuildables I could revalve to my preference, the stockers are a joke. It will be a whole new sled with new "real" shocks, can't wait.

Also remember that the MTX shocks are ~.5 shorter than the rest of the phazers. There IS a MTX specific fox float/float 2.

Back