• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do you have a skid plate on your turbo RX/RS?

Do you have a skid plate on your turbo sled?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I don't have a turbo yet, but do have a skid plate that will stay on when the turbo is installed. Does that count?

J

I'm having a decal made for my skidplate.....Can't decide between "Gettin' blown & luvin it!" or "Skidplate.....MASTERCARD
Turbo.........PRICELESS"

I have one turbo sled with , and one turbo sled without. SO I will probably buy 1 from you ..............Oh wait a minute , you haven't told us what you're thinking of selling yet ...............HMMMM..............Skid plate ..........Turbo.......... HMMMMM ..........

I've had a tool made to stamp a 4x8" louver into a piece of 18 guage aluminum to replace the existing inspection plate on the bottom of the RX/RS bellypan. The piece is laser-cut, and simply replaces the factory piece with the same fasteners.

The stock RX/RS bellypan doesn't offer many (any, really) places for the air to vent after it enters the front of the hood. This part is designed to promote airflow through the intercooler, and provide an exit point for the heated air once it has passed through the IC.

I have a ton of stuff for our kit being cut at the moment, and one of the lasers crapped out last week. If it is back up soon, I should have the first pieces by the middle of next week. If the cutter doesn't come back on line soon, it will be about another week until I have parts back and can post pictures. We will be including this piece as part of the BPE kit when we start shipping in the next few weeks, but it would obviously fit (and be of benefit) to any turbo sled. Those with skid plates would need to make some alterations to their plate in order to benefit from this product.

I'll post pics as soon as available. If anyone is interested send me a PM and I'll follow up with you off-line.

Jim

Shouldn't, that was the purpose in creating the louvers. The openings all face the rear of the sled, and there will be a pretty solid flow of air out through them any time the sled is moving.

Back