• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does anyone know... Stock Vector Mtn Helix Angle?

Goldfinger911

I have searched and searched... but nothing.

Does anyone know what the stock Vector Mountain helix angle is? I pulled mine out of my 2006 Vector Mtn and look it up. Mine is a 39 degree straight (8BV91). I think my dealer swapped the original one for this one, but I cannot confirm.

Thanks in advance.

-GF911

Well, I think I found it... finally.

Stock helix is an 8BV31? Which is a 43 deg straight?

Has anyone ever found a different helix in their sled than this?

Thanks again.

-GF911

I bet your dealer put in the lower angle helix so you could better maintain your engine RPMs while climbing.

Do your self a favor and buy a Shockwave adjustable helix and never have to worry about helix angle again. Just the adjustment ring in or out to get the engine RPMs you seek.

I love mine.

Frosty

I had an 05 Vector Mtn. it came with 39 Deg. The absolute best thing I ever did to that sled was gear down to 19/40 and ditch the third window closed track.

Yup yup. Already installed my new Shockwave. Thats how I learned that I had the 39 deg in. I am anxious to see how its trail manners are when I set it to 44 or 46 versus 40 deg for hills. I have also ready where the Vector, with it's broad torque band, actually climbs better set at 43-44 degrees instead of 39 deg, everything else being equal. We shall see. ;)

Just a quick review: The guys at Shockwave were extremely helpful and super easy to work with. I am a newbie to clutching so they spent a lot of time answering my questions. Thanks guys!

Frostbite said:
I bet your dealer put in the lower angle helix so you could better maintain your engine RPMs while climbing.

Do your self a favor and buy a Shockwave adjustable helix and never have to worry about helix angle again. Just the adjustment ring in or out to get the engine RPMs you seek.

I love mine.

Frosty

Back