• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Donut Replace on Vector

When do you replace exhaust gaskets (donuts) on a newer Vector (1049cc)

• Beginning of leaking exhaust

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 1000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2000 miles

• 3000 miles

• every year

• every two years

• every three year

• Total voters

VectorLTX2012 said:
Replace exhaust donuts at beginning of leak, at a specific mileage or specific time eterval, what are you thoughts?

Good poll, curious on this myself?

Why not replace them with the copper donuts and be done with it? Are there reasons not to use them on the triples?
thanks,

For those that have replied "at the beginning of leaky exhaust" and those that have had to replace them at miles did that happen at?

I'm getting curious because my sled is fat approaching 3,000 mile and I haven't really hear a change in the sound, but was going to cover the exhaust today to see if the sled will die.

----------------------------

Just checked doing the leak test and mine are still good. Engine quite when blocking off the exhaust.

VectorLTX2012 said:
For that that have replied "at the beginning of leaky exhaust" and those that have had to replace them at miles did that happen at?

I'm getting curious because my sled is fat approaching 3,000 mile and I haven't really hear a change in the sound, but was going to cover the exhaust today to see if the sled will die.

Don't take this to the bank, but from what I have read on here, the Vector's are much easier on donuts than what the Apex's are.

I have over 6000km's on mine now and all is good, no changes in noise, no changes starting it, nothing.

I will also do the exhaust covering trick before summerization just to be sure, but my gut tells me all will be good.

I think you're right about being easier on the exhaust gaskets and being not as much of a problem as other models. One just needs to stay on top of them to make sure you keep the cost down by no replacing other parts from damage.

o5 rage about 7000 miles never done them yet. I check every year still not ready to be replaced

My 2009 Vector has 7400 miles and donuts look great. However I am not sure if they have ever been changed yet. I bought it two years ago. My engine is a little smaller at 973cc.

I changed mine at 3400 miles and they were just okay...still had some life in them and likely could have gone another 2000 miles but they were wearing out. Will replace with copper this fall.

Thanks guys for let me and other know what kind of results you're getting. It looks like this is another reason for getting a Vector as compared to the larger and more powerful Apex.

By the way, I'm finding that mine is still getting stronger the more I drive it. I've managed to get mid 90's this past week which I've not seen before. I don't really need to ever go that fast again, but it was nice to see once.

every 8000km's i'd start looking at them. every 2 season's for me. Copper ones I'd say 10000 km's but I'm not sure on that one yet.

The problem with changing the donuts when the leak appears is that at that point it is backfiring and that backfiring can cause damage to the titanium y pipes. If the ypipes are stainless then no problem but if you have 06-10 models when you start hearing that backfire odds are you'll have more than donuts to replace.

Mine are starting to leak on my Nytro XTX after 4000 miles. I wonder if my YES warranty will cover them ??? Will stop by dealer and ask tommorrow.

Back