• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo temptation

Cody said:
Oh and also you are awear that on ever sled theres stickers that say 1 person only right? lol buy a 2-up if your concerned about that.

I really do not care if the sticker says 1 person only. If someone breaks down and needs a ride out of the bush I will give them that ride. I am not leaving them behind while I go looking for someone with a two-up.

Tycho998 said:
Cody said:
Oh and also you are awear that on ever sled theres stickers that say 1 person only right? lol buy a 2-up if your concerned about that.

I really do not care if the sticker says 1 person only. If someone breaks down and needs a ride out of the bush I will give them that ride. I am not leaving them behind while I go looking for someone with a two-up.

It can happen to anyone. Big thanks to all the people like you that would do this. I would offer the same assistance when the need arises, and I have in the past.

Tycho998 said:
Cody said:

and how often does that happen?

Cody said:
Tycho998 said:
Cody said:

and how often does that happen?

I think I read that you are like 14 or 16 yrs old.

If that is so, then you just have not run into it yet. Put enough miles / years on and you will.

I can tell you it sucks bad being stuck out in the woods especially if it is in a remote area.

I rode the xp/xr for the first time last Monday at a dealer ride. They had a 1200, a 600 e-tec X model and a 800 renegade. We ran for about an hour swapping sleds on a mix of old logging roads and open country.
I was a little surprised and not by what I was expecting. The rear susp. on all the sleds was excellent. I can't bring my nytro to the same level of performance no matter what I adjust. Small stutters, big nasty whoops, the doos rear end handled it all really well. I lost count of the number of times I saw a bump and cringed only to have it disappear. Score 1 for doo.
Handling was precise and flat but the steering effort was very high. I got the impression of an extreme forward weight bias. Overall the sleds were light but what weight there was is definitely up front. Score 2 for the doo.
Fit and finish were good but overall the doos felt like they were made in 2/3 scale. They felt small.
The motors, however, were no threat to yamaha, not even the 1200 which had alot of grunt downlow but nothing in mid to top end. The running quality of the 600 e-tec was impressive though for a fellow used to ring a ding two strokes.
This was days after learning about yamaha standing pat in 2010 and I got off those doos feeling a little down about the big Y. My bro and I drove the 1 1/2 hours back home and I immediately got my nytro out of the garage. I hadn't been riding in about a week and there was just enough snow to go for a quick run. It only took maybe 500 feet to realize the doos aren't better, just different. I don't consider the 1200 even in the running with yamaha but the xp is the best all around performing 2-stroke out there IMO.
The gap between 2-stroke and 4-stroke, ski-doo and yamaha, isn't as wide as I thought.

7 skulls said:
I was a little surprised and not by what I was expecting. The rear susp. on all the (Doo) sleds was excellent. I can't bring my nytro to the same level of performance no matter what I adjust. Small stutters, big nasty whoops, the doos rear end handled it all really well. I lost count of the number of times I saw a bump and cringed only to have it disappear. Score 1 for doo.

That is exactly what I found when I swapped a SC-10 III Doo rear suspension into my Warrior.
Now it just eats bumps!
Is also super easy to adjust, besides being much lighter.
I REALLY like this combination, great suspension AND a great motor!

Honestly, I don't care to ever go back to a 2-stroke that blows up.
Been there, done that, MANY times! :o|

The stock suspension could be better, but if my sled is dependable, I will put up with some other lesser qualities.
A blown up sled is absolutely worthless to me as a rider.

Anything that breaks on my sled gets replaced with a stronger replacement as a matter of course.
ANYTHING that breaks cuts into riding, and that will doom that part to the trash heap.
My "W" arm had broken and that decided the suspensions fate immediately.
My secondary broke once and that sealed it's fate also.

Best thing about my sled and most Yamaha 4-strokes is the motor.
It is simply tough and keeps running, that is a major selling point if I ever heard one! :-o

Cody said:
yup phazer been to the dealer ship more than anything.
Yep, i believe that the only sled I know that I ride with that goes to the dealership all the time is a 07 Phazer Gt my father in-law rides.

Face It, They won't get there head out of the clouds,or noses out of the air for long enough to know that there are other great sleds out there besides Yamaha. I guess i could list all the problems we have with are Yamaha's on Doo talk,like these guys(rightarm) are doing here with the Ski-doos!!

I like Yamaha and Ski-doo!!

Xp seems to ride pretty good,Going threw stutters at 60-70 MPH I was standing up and the XP was sitting down in them. That impressed me! I got the best gas milage out of them for sure,I got about 19 mpg they were getting 13-14 riding the same trails.

Back