• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Downside of having a long track (XTX)

Iceage sells some of those rods that go in between the rails. A few of those in there where they won't get in the way would really help strengthen the rails. They're pretty cheap too I think.

Just a thought.

sleddingfarmer said:
Iceage sells some of those rods that go in between the rails. A few of those in there where they won't get in the way would really help strengthen the rails. They're pretty cheap too I think.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the 411! I'll look into it.

berge75 said:
How's your ankles? I think you may have bottomed out the rear shock.

Ankles are good. Thanks! The only thing that got hurt was my pride after I had to get towed home by a Cat. :o|

I did bottom it out. I'm REALLY glad that I had these shocks valved for my riding style. I see people on here blowing out the GYTR's in the rear quite often on the XTX's. I think it has a lot to do with the stock valving beacuse I've never had a problem. If I would have taken that jump with the stock valving, I think this skid would have snapped in half along with some other damage.

Well I'm back in action. I picked up a slightly used 2009 skid. I only needed the rails though so if anyone needs stock rear shocks, wheels, swingarms, etc. Send me a PM.

Wow glad you are OK. I bet it handles like a short tracker now

How are you going to repair? Replace rails? Replace skid? straighten and beef up?

yamadoo said:
Wow glad you are OK. I bet it handles like a short tracker now

How are you going to repair? Replace rails? Replace skid? straighten and beef up?

Already changed out the rails.

Back