• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

drive axle interchange

kartman33

Country
USA
Snowmobile
apex
buddy has a 2011 nytro and front drive shaft broke. looking up on microfish the part numbers are 2010 up. Having hard time locating a used axle. What is the difference on the 2008-2009 drive axle ? will an axle out of anything else fit ? thanks !!

buddy has a 2011 nytro and front drive shaft broke. looking up on microfish the part numbers are 2010 up. Having hard time locating a used axle. What is the difference on the 2008-2009 drive axle ? will an axle out of anything else fit ? thanks !!

I think the new axle has a snap ring raise in the end of it to holds the bolt head in if it would snap off. There could be a few other small differences. If you can get a drive axle with drivers complete you should be able to drop it in.

If I remember correctly it like this.
The 08 and 09 axles are the same. In 2010-11, the axle was the same diameter, but is longer on the chain side, and the piece that slides into the bearing is different. 08 and 09 can be changed up but the piece at the end must be changed also.
2012 and up are the same length but are larger diameter. They will change up but the drivers must be changed also.
To answer your question, no I wouldn't use an 08-09, unless you are going to use the 08-09 end piece(not recomended).
Best to get the 10-11.

If I remember correctly it like this.
The 08 and 09 axles are the same. In 2010-11, the axle was the same diameter, but is longer on the chain side, and the piece that slides into the bearing is different. 08 and 09 can be changed up but the piece at the end must be changed also.
2012 and up are the same length but are larger diameter. They will change up but the drivers must be changed also.
To answer your question, no I wouldn't use an 08-09, unless you are going to use the 08-09 end piece(not recomended).
Best to get the 10-11.

according to the microfish the axle should the same from 2010 to 2013.... if anyone has a good used one please let me know !!! thanks

according to the microfish the axle should the same from 2010 to 2013.... if anyone has a good used one please let me know !!! thanks
On some models. I think the RTX is different.

Back