• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive shaft question/chaincase

Tom Hearn

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 nytro
I just swapped my track and found out the bolt that goes in the end of the driveshaft on the chaincase side was broke, got it drilled and all is good but would there be any harm in using this bolt, same length and thread just no smooth surface before the head... the bolt in refering to is #50

Attachments

• IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1052.PNG
    IMG_1052.PNG
    273.8 KB · Views: 91

That bolt is known to break off. Its a pretty come problem. That bolt that you have will probably be fine. Really that bolt isn't even needed because all its used for is to hold the gears on the shaft for assembly of the chain case(makes assembly easier). There is a bearing in the cover of the chain case cover that holds the gears and reverse stuff in place.

That bolt is known to break off. Its a pretty come problem. That bolt that you have will probably be fine. Really that bolt isn't even needed because all its used for is to hold the gears on the shaft for assembly of the chain case(makes assembly easier). There is a bearing in the cover of the chain case cover that holds the gears and reverse stuff in place.
yah it was snapped when i disassembled and was told it looks like it was broke for awhile... thanks for the info

yah it was snapped when i disassembled and was told it looks like it was broke for awhile... thanks for the info
Yeah I only know that info because the same thing happened to me last yr haha.

I left my bolt out. I know other guys are doing the same thing. They say the next one will often snap again anyway. I think I have around six thousand miles on since I've removed the bolt and no troubles

Back