• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont SMA-DPSSR-00-00 Sliders

I try to avoid UPS for US to Canada shipping like the plague because of the brokerage fees, which are an absolute ripoff. Luckily for me, I am close enough to the border for me to go get it at a PO Box in the US. Usually wait until I have a few packages to make it worth the trip. And with restrictions now dropped, I may start doing it again.

I ordered DuPont slides for my SRX from Powersports 1 on line. Got an email Friday saying they don’t have stock. Cancelled my order.

This circus gets even better, Powersports1 refused the shorted return UPS shipment to them!!!

This circus gets even better, Powersports1 refused the shorted return UPS shipment to them!!!
its UPS or Customs problem, not Powersports1. one of the 2 lost your other one.

It is the sellers contract (implied or otherwise) with the shipper that gives them the ability to chase down lost items, IOW the shipping company took money from the seller, not the customer. Only the company contracting the shipper can do anything about lost items.

1) I am not UPS's customer
2)UPS is a Bonded Customs carrier - Customs never even touches the parcel, UPS does their own brokerage.
3)Powersports1 is UPS's customer and as such is the only one that can make a claim for loss or damage - It is 100% their problem
4)Can't speak for stores in the USA in general but in Canada most places would have immediately sent out another set as customer satisfaction is the goal and realize if your are going to ship stuff out to people sometimes #*$&@ happens and deal with it.

As someone who has bought hundreds of items from the USA overs many years I have to say ALWAYS demand that the parcel is shipped USPS(United States Postal Service). I have no idea why, but I never get charged duty, only the applicable Canadian taxes, the shipping cost of course, and a five dollar flat fee. The parcel is then handled by Canada Post and comes right to my door. No need to drive to the border to pick up at a mail box.
As far as Duponts, sounds like they may not be available at all this year. Kimpex had carried them for years and I just spoke with my Kimpex rep last week, he said there won't be any available this year.

1) I am not UPS's customer
2)UPS is a Bonded Customs carrier - Customs never even touches the parcel, UPS does their own brokerage.
3)Powersports1 is UPS's customer and as such is the only one that can make a claim for loss or damage - It is 100% their problem
4)Can't speak for stores in the USA in general but in Canada most places would have immediately sent out another set as customer satisfaction is the goal and realize if your are going to ship stuff out to people sometimes #*$&@ happens and deal with it.

2)UPS is a completely unreasonable, Bonded Customs carrier, guaranteed to overcharge you, - Customs never even touches the parcel, UPS does their own brokerage. ---
(there fixed the description) :)

But somehow they are more reliable than purolator.

You are right that this is a Vendor/UPS problem but you still have to complain to UPS so they are aware that it is causing you financial distress (needed that item to complete a customer build) or else they will just sweep it under the rug. Been there, been had.. Powersports 1 doesn't sound like they care very much and that's too bad. 'Bad gas travels fast in a small town' as they say and this industry and market is small/tight.

Oh don't worry, I have about 5 hours worth of complaint phone time and emails, and they always have a wonderfully scripted response on how they understand and are sorry for the issues you have encountered - true action on the other hand is lacking.

The only reason I went state side is that even though the Dupont slides are made in Canada, they are backordered up here untill March. I too normally request USPS (though the $5 service charge CP charges is now $12) but a lot of vendors don't or won't go through the extra steps to ship an item to Canada using USPS. They like their courier software and don't want to walk it to the post office.

Honestly, it shouldn't be this hard to get a couple pieces of plastic...

We picked up some lightly used ones from Arts Sled Shop in Stouffville last season. Just FYI

Well I got my other slide via USPS no tax or duty. After alot of non-sense UPS refunded my brokerage and tax from the first delivery.... They still insist it wasn't their fault.

Well I got my other slide via USPS no tax or duty. After alot of non-sense UPS refunded my brokerage and tax from the first delivery.... They still insist it wasn't their fault.

I have had a dozen or so cases open with UPS over the years, they never admit its their fault. We have video of the delivery guy dropping a box off of a loading dock and it wasn't their fault.

At least you got it sorted out.

Just last friday, UPS was said to have dropped off a canam torque-locker I ordered at the 'front door', but it is nowhere to be found.
Luckily, the shipper has to deal with the situation which is a relief, because that sort of stuff just frustrates the heck out of me.

Back