• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DX or SE L-TX model

Gaige2

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
CFR 1000R, Pro X2 800
The Sidewinder has caught my eye and seeing how my birthday is coming quickly, figured it would be an appropriate gift. This is my first post on TY and will be my first Yamaha Sled, that said I'm not sure what suspension package I should purchase with the 137". I weight about a 170lbs, I primarily run fast trails that get some pretty good traffic so they get quite choppy to ruff. With my current rides I have premium shocks on both machines with compression and rebound control, I have an excellent shock guy that can and does set them up for my preferences he is outstand.
Anyway I just don't fully understand Yamaha's shocks or the suspension difference with the DX, SE, LE Sidewinders. Thanks for any help or suggestions, Cheers

I have rtx le. I love the shock package. I had fox floats on a Viper se but the le shock package is hands down I nice feature. Welcome to the sight. You will make a lot of friends with that Avitar.

Thanks for the response but I'm still at a loss over the differences between packages and which way I should go. Ya the aviator is my wife quite a few years ago on our honeymoon. She's a keeper

Go with the ltx or rtx le spring order. Best shocks heated seat. Not sure about the other two. You can save money with the se if you want. You said you know someone that can rebuild your shocks. That may be an option. The way you described your riding style an LE is a no brainer. Maybe others will chime in if they can get past your wife. Lol. Hope she rides.

I would say le/se, the qsr3 shocks are awesome, particularly in the bumps.

j'aime la feme quebecoise!!!!

Ok I hear you Bigbluemachine, Nous sommes les chanceux my man,,, what is the difference between shock packages, I see that the LE is most likely my best bet but what do these letters mean.

Ok I hear you Bigbluemachine, Nous sommes les chanceux my man,,, what is the difference between shock packages, I see that the LE is most likely my best bet but what do these letters mean.

Yes very fortunate ☺️. The LE is spring order Limited Edition and comes with the top of the line kashima coated shocks, heated seats, better glove/tool case, different color choices and some giveaways. Like mid layer jacket and an accessory budget. I did it he Le last year because I liked the blue color scheme but SE Standard Edition would have been fine.

Most people are familiar w/ Skidoo shocks....

LE = XRS (premium Fox Qs3r shock all around, best money can buy and even better then XRS)

SE= X package (Similar to X package Doos in fronts, and not quite as good as X package in center and rear)

DX- Tnt or below (Very basic shock package)

Once you ride the Qs3r shocks, you wont ever want another sled without them period.

Dan

Back