• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine is bullet proof

yamahas said:
Probably have to change the oil a couple times before the water gets out. All the electrical connections would need to be greased. and much much more.

Lots of folks, sink/submerge ATVs around this area. Most flush the oil system/base with kerosene to get the H20 out. Varisol is an excellent product to eliminate water as well. Drain oil, flush, refill, drive away. The electronics however might be a different story.

We sunk a rx-1 once. Tip it on end to drain the exhaust, pull the plugs,change the oil and away you go. Sounded like hell when we first fired it up but its still livin to this day.

It was an excellent sled for waterskipping but we never tried anything like this guy, nutso.

We sunk a rx-1 once. Tip it on end to drain the exhaust, pull the plugs,change the oil and away you go. Sounded like hell when we first fired it up but its still livin to this day.

It was an excellent sled for waterskipping but we never tried anything like this guy, nutso.

HAHAHAHA i put this video up hoping maybe Tommy was an TY member so i could ask him if he had some sort of paddle track or something!

7 skulls said:
yamahas said:
Probably have to change the oil a couple times before the water gets out. All the electrical connections would need to be greased. and much much more.

Lots of folks, sink/submerge ATVs around this area. Most flush the oil system/base with kerosene to get the H20 out. Varisol is an excellent product to eliminate water as well. Drain oil, flush, refill, drive away. The electronics however might be a different story.

I sank my suzuki 700 efi Kingquad, my friend sank his as well. I was able to drive mine a short distance to the truck, get it home and change the oil a couple times.

My buddy had to drive 30 miles back to the truck. By the time we got back the oil looked like new. I guess all the heat evaporated all the water out of it. Both kept on running perfectly for years. Most important thing is to get the water out and get the motor up to temp ASAP

sleddingfarmer said:
7 skulls said:
yamahas said:

I sank my suzuki 700 efi Kingquad, my friend sank his as well. I was able to drive mine a short distance to the truck, get it home and change the oil a couple times.

My buddy had to drive 30 miles back to the truck. By the time we got back the oil looked like new. I guess all the heat evaporated all the water out of it. Both kept on running perfectly for years. Most important thing is to get the water out and get the motor up to temp ASAP
I've seen the same thing happen with a Kawi 650 quad. Seems like the water evaporates out of the oil when you run it for awhile.

If this warm weather keeps up everyone snowmobiling around here are going to look like that guy! I'm affraid our riding around here is over other then water skipping. Cool video

Sleds are different from quads,as quads have needle and ball crank bearings, and will tolorate some water in the oil. Sleds have sleeve bearings and water will score bearing surfaces and lead to rod failure.
It happened to a guy down here this year, he put a 06 nytro in the pond, he changed the oil, but that wasn't enough, rods now on outside of motor.

berge75 said:
Sleds are different from quads,as quads have needle and ball crank bearings, and will tolorate some water in the oil. Sleds have sleeve bearings and water will score bearing surfaces and lead to rod failure.
It happened to a guy down here this year, he put a 06 nytro in the pond, he changed the oil, but that wasn't enough, rods now on outside of motor.
God I hate it when that happens! :o|

YamahaFreak said:
I cross water alot with my Nytro but nothing like this!

I know its kind of simple to get a 2 stroke going after sinking, but what all needs to be doen if you sink a 4 stroke?

Ask 1CrazySledder. I am fairly certain his blown Attak has seen the bottom of a river. :tg:

Hope you don't blow a belt!!!!!!!!!

Back