• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PEFI Dynos the Doo 900R, Are you ready for this?

Thanks for the weights Steve. So at 6 # per gallon thats 12 gallons of gas. So the old adage of, riding the light sled full of fuel and the heavy sleds on last few gallons the weight is Very close.

I am so tired of the weight discussion as it ABSOLUTELY MATTERS in a close race or the steep and DEEP but for the FUN of trail riding it is way over rated, As far as getting ‘unstuck’ were you here people say it SO different. Do you complain if the stuck sled is full of gas? Rant over. Our late TYer TURK summed it up best, “where I’m from we ride our sleds we don’t carry them. “

I so look forward to your comparisons of ride, reliability and ease of maintaining on the Doo. As you can tell from my Handle/name I have a positive history with Doo as well. :)

It’s going to take a lot to get over the UGLY though…..sorry just don’t care for the profile.
I never noticed the weight on my Apexes either.
The Winder carries the weight very well.
I never had a problem in tight trails against smaller sleds either.
As a matter of fact, the weight adds stability at higher speeds so i'm not against it.

I don't think for one second this 900 will be as fast as any Winder nor do i need it to be.
You boys should know i ride and ride i do.

"I don't ride 'em for the looks, i ride 'em for the ride"
I'd be a Virgin if it wasn't for this motto!!!!

As a matter of fact, the weight adds stability at higher speeds
This statement is so true yet is ignored by a lot of the people who think weight is everything.

I was thinking this sled would be 195 hp.
Very shortly we'll have other numbers to verify.
Like i've said, i had the MOST fun of my life last year on a 600 cuz i got to show the boys my power wasn't why i lead.
Being on a 600 against ALL big bores made me work harder which i liked.

Now the big question:
What gearing does this 900 have?

Found this for ya:

screenshot_20211028-203723-png.1977565

You have to take driver size into consideration also.

YEP
This is what i came up with
Might be liberal, but i don't know enough about this sled yet

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 141
Both, very hard to keep with the lighter 850's 2 smokes in the narrow tight and twisty trails, the heavy 4 strokes have the power but weight is not their friend.
Have to disagree the srx spanks them all day long

Back