• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PEFI Dynos the Doo 900R, Are you ready for this?

True enough, but weight per HP can't be overlooked, 50-70lbs in the difference between sleds makes a huge difference even if both are clutched geared and balanced it will come down to HP per pound that will put you to the end of the line first, would you put a 300lb+ rider on a sled that is lining up to race down a track, Not!
Lining up to race down the track? 95% of guys on here are trail riding. Does your logic pertain to trail riding through the woods? OR JUST lining up to run a straight drag race?

Lining up to race down the track? 95% of guys on here are trail riding. Does your logic pertain to trail riding through the woods? OR JUST lining up to run a straight drag race?
Both, very hard to keep with the lighter 850's 2 smokes in the narrow tight and twisty trails, the heavy 4 strokes have the power but weight is not their friend.

Both, very hard to keep with the lighter 850's 2 smokes in the narrow tight and twisty trails, the heavy 4 strokes have the power but weight is not their friend.
I call BS on that!
Wait I thought you rode the heavy old Japan sleds? How much heavier are they compared to the "old" procross sleds?

Snowmobile2016 APEX LE XTX now that has some weight

troll.jpg

That's not very nice of you, I have never ask a member to leave this site regardless of their posts.
Not asking you to leave the site....see post #24. It's just your dislike for the Yamaha procross chassis is very well documented. It has grown very long in the tooth with those of us that happen to enjoy the living crap out of OUR choice not YOURS. Again there are forums for your beloved Apex, just do us Sidewinder lovers a favor and stop it already. Have a great day eh!

I call BS on that!
Wait I thought you rode the heavy old Japan sleds? How much heavier are they compared to the "old" procross sleds?
LOL, I do ride a Apex xtx and Yep its heavy and well built , not much heavier than the Walmart built Winder, would love to see you keep to a lighter 850 in tight and twisty narrow trails on the throttle, especially a tuned Winder, in the straight away you would easily wind him in and blow by him, not saying it can't be done but you will be working for it with a few rubs

Not asking you to leave the site....see post #24. It's just your dislike for the Yamaha procross chassis is very well documented. It has grown very long in the tooth with those of us that happen to enjoy the living crap out of OUR choice not YOURS. Again there are forums for your beloved Apex, just do us Sidewinder lovers a favor and stop it already. Have a great day eh!
If I'm not mistaken this is neither the Sidewinder or the Apex site its the lounge site where you talk everything non sled or politics, and I just happen to enjoy the living crap out of my Apex too, sense its actually a Yamaha, by the way what do you mean by... eh!... please explain?

\, would love to see you keep to a lighter 850 in tight and twisty narrow trails on the throttle, especially a tuned Winder, in the straight away you would easily wind him in and blow by him, not saying it can't be done but you will be working for it with a few rubs
1636241339163.jpeg

Well i bought one and YES i think it's ugly!
And i heard the Mach, cuz of the shocks, is the ECU they are having problems cracking. They already broke into the others.
I DON't believe there's much meat on the bone anyways.

That said, my buds' 190-195ish TD tune runs neck & neck with 2 other STOCK Winders until very long pulls.
My sled came in September 22 & i've already weighed it & compared it to my old Winder.
900R=622lbs
Winder=694lbs

Both full of gas & burped twice.
Both have 96 studs.
All bags & gear removed.
That's 72 pounds difference. Will it make a difference...................i'll let you know 2 days after Xmas!

Thanks for the weights Steve. So at 6 # per gallon thats 12 gallons of gas. So the old adage of, riding the light sled full of fuel and the heavy sleds on last few gallons the weight is Very close.

I am so tired of the weight discussion as it ABSOLUTELY MATTERS in a close race or the steep and DEEP but for the FUN of trail riding it is way over rated, As far as getting ‘unstuck’ were you here people say it SO different. Do you complain if the stuck sled is full of gas? Rant over. Our late TYer TURK summed it up best, “where I’m from we ride our sleds we don’t carry them. “

I so look forward to your comparisons of ride, reliability and ease of maintaining on the Doo. As you can tell from my Handle/name I have a positive history with Doo as well. :)

It’s going to take a lot to get over the UGLY though…..sorry just don’t care for the profile.

Lightweight battery and different muffler. 20 pounds less. Only 2 beers instead of 6 after riding. Extra bowl movement in the morning and stevewithOCD on-a skidoo in the UP won’t know what happened?

Back