• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine is bullet proof

berge75 said:
Sleds are different from quads,as quads have needle and ball crank bearings, and will tolorate some water in the oil. Sleds have sleeve bearings and water will score bearing surfaces and lead to rod failure.
It happened to a guy down here this year, he put a 06 nytro in the pond, he changed the oil, but that wasn't enough, rods now on outside of motor.

Why don't they use needle and ball crank bearings in 4 stroke sleds too?

I saw this video back in the summer and never thought to post it here lol, guy is nuts..must be nice to be that confident on water though, in case you ever ran into any on a trip.

yamaha1973 said:
this video is insane!
Tommy's sled runs on the water better than my waverunner!!!! :Rockon:

Does anyone know where this video was taken? It looks like the St. Lawrence River. I spend a great deal of time there.

This is so crazy that I almost don't believe its real. I wish I could see it from the outside view.

Boston RX1 said:
Does anyone know where this video was taken? It looks like the St. Lawrence River. I spend a great deal of time there.

Yeah, thats definitely the interational bridge (start of I-80) he is going under. I was on the same streatch of river this summer. East of Kinston, Ontario, in the Thousand Islands on the Saint Lawrence.

You know I seem to remember looking at the depth finder and seeing a few spots in that streatch that were over 200 feet deep! Like to see you retrieve a Nytro from that depth.....or maybe donate it as the first artificial Nytro reef!

Very cool vid!

OTM

This video is no longer available, at least on this link. Does anyone know where to find it??

Back