• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine keeps shutting down

How did you make out today?

I took it out on our lake for about 10 minutes and so far it didn't shut off. Will be going on the trails first thing tomorrow morning for a nice ride. Will report back tomorrow. Thanks everybody for your help!

Ok, I did about 65 miles today and all was good. No engine shut down. The adjustment must have worked. This is really a great area to get info. Thanks to everybody who helped.

Last edited:
I had this problem starting last year, and when I was riding on Friday it must have killed at least 10 times. Usually when putzing around or decelerating with my thumb on the throttle. I went to try to adjust my throttle cable and discovered the issue. The wires for the thumb warmer were against the throttle pivot pin and would cause the TORS to activate. Pulled the wires away from the pin and didn't gave one stall all day yesterday. Check this out because I'm pretty sure this is the issue (at least with mine)

I had this problem starting last year, and when I was riding on Friday it must have killed at least 10 times. Usually when putzing around or decelerating with my thumb on the throttle. I went to try to adjust my throttle cable and discovered the issue. The wires for the thumb warmer were against the throttle pivot pin and would cause the TORS to activate. Pulled the wires away from the pin and didn't gave one stall all day yesterday. Check this out because I'm pretty sure this is the issue (at least with mine)

Yep, that seemed to be it for me. To make the issue worse, I had put the Yamaha handlebar bag on, which really restricted the throttle wire. I cut the zip tie as well to allow the throttle cable to move freely.

Back