• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EPI vs. Ulmer Clutching

i have a ulmer in my 07' phazer big difference, all of ulmer's clutch products rock, it wakes the phazer right up, plus the phazer really doesn't loosen up until 1000 mi., then you'll notice a big difference, i was going to sell my wife's but after looking how much work i have into it and how much fun it is, i guess i got to keep it

Grimm said:
Ditch Banger said:
I am looking at installing a few picks, a pipe and maybe playing with some clutch work (need to stay ahead off 6 buddies and their Ski Doo 600 SDI's).

I don't think you'll stay ahead of the SDIs with a Phazer, even if you do get a head of them.

The top speed that you could ever reach on the trails that I ride is about 65 mph; they are very winding and sweeping (not any real long straight stretches all in the woods). I realize that I will not be able to beat my friends Ski Doo 600 SDI on the top end, but I am hoping to smoke them through the bends. I want something that will give me a good whole shot and good power on demand in the 45-70 mph range. Judging by the responses it seems that the Ulmer clutch kit is the way to go. I think that a 6000-rpm engagement would be a little too much with a stock track and 96 picks. In the past I have always ridden a sled that was always at least 100cc smaller then my buddies anyways. On the lake they would blow by me, but on the trail I would just pump them. I would be waiting for a couple of minutes at a stop waiting for them to catch up. I would like to keep this trend going, so any ideas or any one been up against one these in the trails?

Back