• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EPS Troubles

Dara

Expert
A couple weeks ago, I was having trouble with my EPS. 2012 vector LTX

I was getting smoke from the sled and it was dripping oil.

Turned out that part was because I didn't realize that the freshly groomed trails had no powder on them for hyfax cooling and I overheated them.

For some reason I got a bit of oil dripping from the belly pan at the same time.

This has stopped and I am kinda assuming I got a bit of a leak from the really cold temps.
We tipped the sled and I took the pan off on the trail and there was just a small drip on the oil filter.
At the end of the day all drips were gone.

Thing is, after all this on the trail, including breaking the track loose from being welded to hyfax, my EPS indicator was on.

It stayed on for about 30 miles and let me tell you, its a tough go on a rough twisty trail fighting that.

The indicator went off, then a bit later came on again, then off again, 4 or 5 times through the day and then it has worked fine since...300 to 400 miles.

Just wondering it it could have been the real cold temps...it was -18F for a couple days but when the EPS started working again, it really wasn't any warmer.

Any ideas?

I think I was having the same problem last weekend... It happened after I was pushing it really hard all day and then got in to the tightness... Temps below 0F... Seem to work intermittently...

Manual claims EPS will shut off if it's overworked to prevent EPS motor from burning out...

Will see how it acts this weekend :-/

Back