• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Even Yamaha was Stumped

Read Blue's post again. He said it went wide open throttle, and you guys are talking about a TORS problem. He had to bail off the sled, which went off trail.

I don't know why the dealer would replace a coil to fix a WOT problem. I would think this could only be a carburetor, or throttle cable problem. It wouldn't take off, unless something was holding the carbs open.

I would definately take it to a dealer with a good mechanic. I'll bet Hacker's could find the problem, Chris. I would be afraid to ride it, till the problem was found.

Yooper

Thanx Yooper. I will get it looked at. If you get acahnce check with the YamaDoc you mentioned see if he knows anything. It was great talking to you today. May we meet at a trailhead this year!!

I posted this last year, had a similar problem in White River Canada. Thought for sure it was the TORS, but it was not. Sled would idle, run perfectly, but when you hit the throttle it would backfire big time. Local dealer in Marathon could not find the problem, loaded it up and came home disappointed. Yooper is right, bought my sled at Hackers, their service department is second to none. The problem was the wiring harness near the toolbox like the others have talked about. I have had 3,000 trouble free miles since.

I read in Snowtech last night that if you overload the RX-1 electrical system (with accessories, etc.) that it can cause misfires.

I have a 2004 RX1 and had a similar experience, It ran fine the first day, the next morning it started fine I let it warm up for about 15-20 minutes and every time I went to take off it would sputter and backfire, it was cutting out every time I hit the throttle, i haven't had a chance to talk to my dealer, what do you think could be the problem.

I know exactly what this is, it happened to me.
We had some extreme shifts in temp and humidity and the sleds where soaking wet in my enclosed trailer.
I pulled out my RX1 and fired it up and tried like hell to get it to go, backfireing spitting etc.
I pulled out the coils off of the spark plugs and they were wet.
I dried them real good, applied die electric grease to the plugs and boots NO MORE Problems.

Back