• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Donuts covered under warranty?

jds1000

Expert
Have any of you guys had your Exhaust donuts covered under your Y.E.S. warranty? I took my wifes Nytro apart and the Exhaust donuts are completely gone after 3200 miles. She told me her sled was a lot louder than normal and when I rode it you could hear the clamps rattle. When I took it apart all three clamps spun around the joints and the donuts were gone. I still have this season left on my extended Y.E.S. warranty and was wondering if these donuts are covered. I think the reason these things are gone is the clamps don't tighten enough to hold the donuts tight. I will be grinding the stops down a little so they will clamp them better.

i believe they are happy to replace just the donuts - because when they get real bad, the header comes into play. once you do the clamp mod and put new donuts in they are good to go.

This sounds like a common problem with the Nytros. Are they hard to repair? Do you have to scrap the machine to do it?

I don't have the Y.E.S. but was wondering if I could buy it before my 1st year standard warranty was up. If so it may be worth the purchase.

RG

fiddlersgreen said:
This sounds like a common problem with the Nytros. Are they hard to repair? Do you have to scrap the machine to do it?

I don't have the Y.E.S. but was wondering if I could buy it before my 1st year standard warranty was up. If so it may be worth the purchase.

RG

Its a fairly easy repair and takes a couple hours to do. You need to remove the seat, gas tank and all the plastic panels around them. Then its just a matter of removing some nuts that hold the exhaust and sheilds. Once you get into it you will figure it out unless your not too mechanicaly inclined.

They covered mine but they said they would only do them once under YES and it was a maintence item. I actually read it in the owners manual in the maintenance section it didn't say exhaust donut's but to check them every 4000km and replace if necessary.lol It is a joke that they need to be replaced anyway.

Back