• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Donuts & Y Pipes....Step by step

No more donuts for me ! I just ended up doing the F/X Garage Works Exhaust Mod ! Simple much better design ! Well built . Not sure if I can mention it here ?? But all Apex , and 3 cyl engines should do this .

we just did the FX flex pipes on my dad’s 2015 vector... Pretty easy and I’m sure this will solve The annual broken flex pipe!!!

Ps at 60+ years old my dad thinks he’s a stunt rider and jumps every thing he can find LOL hence the annual exhaust repair ;)

Hi. How close is the hole on the “y” pipe to the flange ? With the F/X Garage works repair kit it may cover the hole. Take a picture so I can see and maybe save the pipes and eliminate the donuts all together.

we just did the FX flex pipes on my dad’s 2015 vector... Pretty easy and I’m sure this will solve The annual broken flex pipe!!!

Ps at 60+ years old my dad thinks he’s a stunt rider and jumps every thing he can find LOL hence the annual exhaust repair ;)
Me too....it doesn't hurt as much than when I was young, as my nerves are shot!!lol! I also have a theory that 50 years of mogul's (started at 15) take a toll on the old prostate!!

Bought one off eBay for 62.00 off a salvage 07 Apex with 1700 miles. Looks like new in pictures and flange looked good. Cheap fix for my backup sled.

Hi. How close is the hole on the “y” pipe to the flange ? With the F/X Garage works repair kit it may cover the hole. Take a picture so I can see and maybe save the pipes and eliminate the donuts all together.
Thanks, the hole is right at the flange wear the clamp wore thru from spinning. I purchased one off of eBay for 62.00 and will use this with the new copper doughnuts I have held onto for a few years now. This sled is only ridden when my wife rides the XTX which is less and less or I lend it to my buddy when he can go. So if lasts a few years I am good with putting another titanium one on as the other side is ok for now

Picture blurry, but hole can be seen.

hole.jpg

Picture blurry, but hole can be seen.

View attachment 150974
You would not need to buy another pipe. That piece get cut off for the flex pipe to slid in and it eliminates the donuts and all the maintenance. If you need more information you can go to fxgarageworks.com

Attachments

• C4EEB845-3F45-46DC-A54D-C9480B2555EE.jpeg
    C4EEB845-3F45-46DC-A54D-C9480B2555EE.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 165
You would not need to buy another pipe. That piece get cut off for the flex pipe to slid in and it eliminates the donuts and all the maintenance. If you need more information you can go to fxgarageworks.com
Thanks, will keep in mind for the future if the need arises.

This write up was a huge help with my Doughnut replacement. 2007 Attak, just over 5000 miles, started leaking/getting louder on second trip this season.

Turned out I had a cracked flange on the far right doughnut/pipe, so I had to dig a lot deeper to replace that, but this post made it easier!

Back