• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Dump

Nevar24

Has anyone ever taken the stock exhaust and routed the outlet pipe into the tunnel? That is my main question. If it can be done at all.

I'm looking to dump the exhaust into the tunnel, I'm tired of melting storage boxes on the back of my Phazer. I have the exhaust turn-out, but it's not completely solving the problem. I have seen the exhaust blocking plates, but I'm not a big fan of those. I don't want to give up the storage on the back of the sled, so I am trying to reroute my exhaust.

Thanks. :4STroke:

P.S. I posted this in the Mountain Phazer section as well, because it is a Phazer Mountain Lite, but I would think someone in here might have done it as well.

How are you melting the box? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Another option is to get rid of the box and get the belt/tool pouch that goes in the front subframe. If you are still short on storage, get the handlebar bag.

I have the handle bar bag, a bag on the very back, an orange waterproof box (which is what is melting), and the black belt/tool box. The orange box is melting from the exhaust. See photo

I'm just wondering if anyone has dumped their stock exhaust into the tunnel.

Attachments

• phazer.jpg
    phazer.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 818
Jeffz said:
How are you melting the box? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Another option is to get rid of the box and get the belt/tool pouch that goes in the front subframe. If you are still short on storage, get the handlebar bag.

Why not just cut the turnout off flush then? Mine is back to stock and ends @ pipe cover with the factory box right after it.
The turnout to close to that orange box? Lose the box...

It came with the bag on the front, WORST designed idea ever.
When the snow & crap gets packed/ froze in there, good luck finding the little zipper to undo it/ then get things out or bend the belt to fit back in without getting your hands froze off a 1/2 hour later.
I went with a Yammi tail bag as well that has mucho storage. Easy on/off with straps.

Still have the front tool pouch if your looking- say $20 + a few bucks for shipping?
(No tools, they're long gone with the quality plastic case that freezes and cracks to crap as it bounced around). Shoot me a PM.......

Rear exiting exhaust=BAD IDEA! That's why I have to wear a backpack whenever I ride. There's no way I'm carrying extra gas on the back of my Yamaha. My brother carries it on the back of his BRP for me.

One idea might be to block off and weld the exhaust shut where the exhaust exits now. Figure out what size pipe you would want and drill that size hole coming straight down out of the bottom of the muffer so it would go straight down into the tunnel. Drill that a hole in the muffler so you could take a piece of 2 or 3" pipe and come straight out of the muffler down into the tunnel.

Not sure how it would work with tossing snow up into it? You might have to come down and back or something. IDK?

It would be a easy enough to do and it wouldn't take much to make it look good.

Exhaust turnout

I had my turnout positioned like yours and couldn't put stuff on that side without problems. Just changed the turnout from exiting down and to the side to straight up, so far so good, I don't have stuff higher than the exhaust back there.

Any exhaust under tunnel is asking for ice issues.Route the outlet away from your box with a longer turnout.May look a little goofy but it will work.I wish exhaust could be routed through the runningboards with a extrusion or something.Would look cool and not cause any issues.

t.crawford714 said:
Keep your feet warm too! :D

I think he just invented the perfect way to keep the boards clear of snow! better slap a patent on that idea!

Personally I have NO issues with melting on the tunnel of my MTX, I've just got the Skinz Ultra pipe which has a short turn out and I haven't had an issue yet with my 2-1gallon gas cans melting and sometimes I also have my back pack strapped to the tunnel also.

Just bend a small piece of aluminum to fit over the melting side of the box and rivet it on. Even some aluminum ducting tape would probably be enough to deflect the heat, but might not stick to the plastic box that well. Or buy a aluminum tool box.

I had to put a piece of metal on my no-gas can to keep it from melting on my phazer. I do like the thought of dumping into the tunnel, that would save a lot of headache from melting stuff.

Back