• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Issues

SKIP

Extreme
Will Yamaha fix these newly found Issues? How have they been in the past?

Will they warranty any of the items (ie.donuts) ?

Any aftermarket Y-Pipes, donuts available?

It looks like mandatory replacement is required before 5000 miles.

Just bought an Attak this year and getting a bit worried.... :o|

I though going 4 stroke was gonna cost less in the long run...... :bling

Cheers :Rockon:

I have problems right now with my donuts and 1 y-pipe, but if I knew what I know now I would have done them at 4000 miles as preventative maint. and it would have only cost me the price of a set of donuts. Even if yours looks good at 4000mi. change them.

What parts are they? Are they before or after the Y pipes. See pic. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Exhaust Apex.gif
    Exhaust Apex.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 176
Hi Skip, don't worry about it theres many people here that can help you, and the best part is Yamaha's actually come disassemble easily, drive home through the shwa every night on my way back to lindsay if you ever need a hand shoot me a pm and if ya wanna go for a ride the klsc and twinmountains are pretty good this year will be out again Saturday

TotallyNytro said:
What parts are they? Are they before or after the Y pipes. See pic. Thanks!!!

Item #4 are the donuts that you will need to change. I agree. Change them after about 3500 - 4000 miles. Mine went and burned a hole in the pipe. That pipe is over $300.

My sled has 7000 miles on it..

Dealer replaced the donuts, but completely missed both Y pipes being cracked..

THANK GOD for the Y.E.S coverage..

also my radiator is just hanging by the hoses.. All the mounting tabs broke off..

2,378 miles on my AttakGT and the donuts are shot. Sled is in the dealer and they are covering it under YES warranty.

I called Yamaha cust svc (great people to deal with) and the donuts (8FA-14623-00-00) are back ordered and not scheduled to arrive in US until Feb 29.

--Steve (O.C.)

blue er said:
Hi Skip, don't worry about it theres many people here that can help you, and the best part is Yamaha's actually come disassemble easily, drive home through the shwa every night on my way back to lindsay if you ever need a hand shoot me a pm and if ya wanna go for a ride the klsc and twinmountains are pretty good this year will be out again Saturday

Skip don,t worry!!!
You can learn by all us Polaris converted Ginny-pigs.
You are welcome to come over to my shop AGAIN and see how one of these "Toyotas" comes apart. Come by anytime in the next 2 weeks, because thats about the soonest I am going to see any @*&^*in backorder Y-pipes and DONUTS.
Oh yeah, I forgot...your going snowmobiling!!

welterracer said:
My sled has 7000 miles on it..

Dealer replaced the donuts, but completely missed both Y pipes being cracked..

THANK GOD for the Y.E.S coverage..

also my radiator is just hanging by the hoses.. All the mounting tabs broke off..
Hey Welt sounds just like mine. Just turned 7900mi. y pipes cracked,and rad. ziptied :o|I noticed the flex pipes have a superceded part #,has anybody seen the difference?

welterracer said:

My radiator is now zip tied in place too. Every single Apex I ride with has their radiator zip tied in place too and many of them have already gone through a rad due to broken mounts.

I'm not sure if I should take advantage of my Y.E.S. warranty or make up some durable straps that won't break.

welterracer said:
Why not use the YES..

Hell im trying to get new Y-pipes, gaskes, radiator and a seat cover out of them..

I'll definitely use YES for anything that was strong enough stock (a true manufacturing defect) or has been reinforced/redesigned by Yamaha.

For anything that I know is going to break again with my "aggressive riding", if I can repair it so it hopefully won't break for $100 or less it makes more sense to me to simply fix/reinforce the problem myself.

There is generally less downtime too since I can usually get something made up or welded in a day or two (although these days I'm unable to ride as much as I'd like due to other non-sled issues).

I would change my y-pipes through YES for example since as long as I change the donuts early enough the y-pipes will hopefully survive (of course when my donuts went I did change them soon enough so my y-pipes have survived - so far).

The problem is when I take this approach there is very little I've needed the YES warranty for (so far). If it was strong enough for me stock, I probably won't end up breaking it...

I picked up my reinforced rear pivot arm on the way home tonight. I might get around to installing it tonight (but can't go sledding this weekend anyway - grrr).

Back