• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Suggestions

That's ALL been helpful. I'm looking for a slip-on. At least now I have some ideas. I BARELY got beat by a 2006 FST Classic last winter so the extra snort will help too.

Well if it's a slipon you want then go with the Hindle, 3-4 hp across the entire rpm range and 10lbs weight loss...I would also recommend some type of fuel programmer ( PC3, PC5 or RB3 ) as it will lean out. ;)!

00-NUKE said:
That's ALL been helpful. I'm looking for a slip-on. At least now I have some ideas. I BARELY got beat by a 2006 FST Classic last winter so the extra snort will help too.

You want it to run then put on some of Ulmer's goodies. I'm running Ulmer's header, K&N kit, stage 1 clutch kit, PClll, and I have to say it run's hard. With this set up the 06 FST classic will see nothing but tail light LMAO!!!!!!

shaddow44 said:
Well if it's a slipon you want then go with the Hindle, 3-4 hp across the entire rpm range and 10lbs weight loss...I would also recommend some type of fuel programmer ( PC3, PC5 or RB3 ) as it will lean out. ;)!
didn't you remove the hindle from your sled?

Just for one weekend, but that's when it went to Dynotech...it came back in stock form as they did the stock run last. It now has the stock header with the stealth slip on...plans were to test that setup but we ran out of snow and right into warm weather...but I still plan on testing that setup next season. I'm going to try to get a sound clip up when I get some time.

sneaky....

gotta watch out for the FST's.
if you have someone who knows their stuff, u can crank up the boost using factory computer programer.
my cuz works at poo dealer and his buddys sled was in so he hooked it up and fiddled and farted around and he got the boost up a few pounds.
funny cuz 2 guys bought sled same day, now they race and orange one wins. guy with black one is baffled. guy with orange one wont tell his secret.
too bad my xtx still smokes it. :yam:

00-NUKE said:
I'm looking for a slip-on.
Then my advice would be to take a closer look at aftermarket silencers for streetbikes. If you look at the high-end range with brands like Akrapovic, Arrow and Termignoni you will find much better build quality and much lighter silencers than any of the current FX Nytro specific slip-ons.
Though, in most cases you will need the skills to be able to fabricate your own conversion pipe.

FOUND ONE!

SWEET! I found a FULL Hindle system for $650.00 Through Hurricane Performance. The number is (613)925-5171. They have 2 left for anyone who's interested. Ask for David Marshal.

Alatalo said:
nate007 said:
Our initial mock-up will be shipped to teh factory later this week, and I expect to have a system ready to test fit and post pictures of in approximately 45 days?
Any weight numbers...?
In my opinion, at least as interesting as the hp numbers...
I don't have any weight numbers just yet, and I'm honestly not shooting for a super lightweight system, but rather a system with unmatched quality, no mainenance issues, tuneable sound, and with the block off plate kit that will be included, a system that will reduce the snow build-up under the tunnel.
I'm working hrd to get the prototype finished, and plan to offer a "group buy", so i'll get the info out as soon as I can!

bottlerocket said:
shadow will jump in quickly here.....

I've already said my piece...that's what these forums are for...info sharing...anyone who wants info on the system is more than welcome to pm me or check out the thread that's out there..

Back