• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EXUP problems?

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Exup problems? Get rid of it!

https://shop.ulmerracing.com/Apex-O...htm?productId=-3687853&catalogId=-11683&fpg=1

Thumb.aspx

Thumb.aspx

Last edited:

I had this header on my ‘11 XTX and it was top notch.......great build quality, no more exup headaches, and required more fuel to be added in my PCV map, which means it was making a little more power too.

Yamaha wants $2,835.99 US price for a stock OEM replacement header for the 2011-2018 Apex models.

I have 13 of these aftermarket replacement headers left in stock yet, once this inventory runs out I do not plan on making any more. If you are thinking of buying one of these, decide soon before they run out.

Yamaha wants $2,835.99 US price for a stock OEM replacement header for the 2011-2018 Apex models.

I have 13 of these aftermarket replacement headers left in stock yet, once this inventory runs out I do not plan on making any more. If you are thinking of buying one of these, decide soon before they run out.

Can I get it for the sale price you had running awhile back?

Can I get it for the sale price you had running awhile back?

No, unfortunately I can not do the sale price on this last batch of headers as the price of materials has risen.

So does this mean Exup is a failure and we're all better off without it? Were the benefits real or imagined?

What are Exup problems??
I have 33500kms and no issue
Just lube the cable ends during oil changes with high temp anti seize and check adjustment, good to go.

What are Exup problems??
Just lube the cable ends during oil changes with high temp anti seize and check adjustment, good to go.
Is there a easy way to lube the cables? or does all have to come apart to get to it.

So does this mean Exup is a failure and we're all better off without it? Were the benefits real or imagined?

It's another thing to perform maintenance on and also the titanium pipe will crack over time (especially if you are a aggressive rider) or if the flanges crack due to a blown exhaust donut it's very expensive to replace the header.

What are Exup problems??

You have had great luck with your stock exhaust system! Typically failures are donut failures resulting in broken flanges, cables stretched or broken, and overall titanium can or will crack where the 4 pipes go into 1 single outlet.

I've seen some not make it to 20000 kms and the header is done.

There's no doubt they add midrange rower. However, the Apex wasn't exactly lacking in that department as two strokes are soft in the low to mid range also.
I feel that Yamaha would have been far better off bumping the displacement up to 1050, like they had in the marine department, instead of EXUP.

Is there a easy way to lube the cables? or does all have to come apart to get to it.
The seat and gas tank have to come off, same for checking exhaust donuts. It’s actually very easy on this sled.

It's another thing to perform maintenance on and also the titanium pipe will crack over time (especially if you are a aggressive rider) or if the flanges crack due to a blown exhaust donut it's very expensive to replace the header.

You have had great luck with your stock exhaust system! Typically failures are donut failures resulting in broken flanges, cables stretched or broken, and overall titanium can or will crack where the 4 pipes go into 1 single outlet.
It’s just maintenance not luck. Exhaust donuts are a maintenance item and exup cables are a maintenance item. If you check them every oil change and replace as required my experience has been zero issues. My 08 has 50000kms and factory exhaust. The 08 got new donuts every oil change. The 15 got them every 15000, Yamaha made an improvement on these.

Back