• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fault Codes, Relay/Fuse Location, Wire diagram, Diagnostics

Lots of garage testing. DMM voltage measured across the battery posts while running. My issue comes and goes, and i can often get it to happen just idling in the garage.

Lots of garage testing. DMM voltage measured across the battery posts while running. My issue comes and goes, and i can often get it to happen just idling in the garage.
What about stored codes?

Thought I was replicating the problem at one point by moving the harness around under the guage pod, where the headlight plugs and handlebar accessory plugs are, but did a lot of digging there and didnt come up with anything. Removed all the wire coverings, disassembled the headlight plugs, disconnected all the other plugs.....same results.

What about stored codes?
May have been another code at one point, but unfortunately all my investigation was last season and I dont remember what it was. I do remember being fairly confident I ruled out what ever it was. Havent replicated my issue yet this year and currently have the sled torn down hoping to find the missed rub through! Haha. I will let you know if I can get it to throw a different code when I get it back together enough to run

Where you thinking any in particular that might lead to something else to check?

Last edited:
Thought I was replicating the problem at one point by moving the harness around under the guage pod, where the headlight plugs and handlebar

May have been another code at one point, but unfortunately all my investigation was last season and I dont remember what it was. I do remember being fairly confident I ruled out what ever it was. Havent replicated my issue yet this year and currently have the sled torn down hoping to find the missed rub through! Haha. I will let you know if I can get it to throw a different code when I get it back together enough to run

Where you thinking any in particular that might lead to something else to check?
Check to see if there are any stored codes.

Have you done the AC volt test from the stator with machine running?

Have you done the AC volt test from the stator with machine running?
Yes, I remember it was good, but dont remember what that was. 51v ac ?? its been awhile.. And like I posted, The sled idled fine for several minutes with the Stator disconnected, and then threw the code and started to run rough, same scenario as when the stator was connected. Battery was new and was fully charged at the time.

I will check for stored codes when I get it back together enough to do so....gotta lot of wire bundles to rewrap! lol Thanks for the help

Last edited:
OK, stored fault codes were 22(Air Intake temp) 46 (Power supply issue) 81 (Grip warmer) and 84 (TORS) I erased the codes and will have to wait till I can get oil to start and run it.....she is still torn wayyyyy down and wont be riding anytime soon. But hopefully it will act up in the garage so I can see if it throws any of the same codes.

Can I test the air temp sensor? But im not sure it explains the voltage drop at the Battery, which is consistant with when it starts running rough.
84 TORS...same, I could see it intermittently causing it to go into limp mode, but no voltage drop unless there is a short somewhere?
code 46, yepp there definitely is a power supply issue....just gotta find it! lol
And Grip warmers have tried unplugging them, with no change....sled will run fine, then it wont.

Whats your thoughts? Any common issues with the TORS? perhaps a short in the throttle position sensor that would cause all my issues?
Also, I dont see the thumb/grip warmer switch on the wiring schematic? Would like to know if there is a way to test that also.

Thanks again

Does EVO open up the ECU when they do the hand warmer flash? If so that would be a good place to start looking for issues in case it wasn't sealed properly.

Does EVO open up the ECU when they do the hand warmer flash? If so that would be a good place to start looking for issues in case it wasn't sealed properly.
I dont think so, i believe it is just a reflash of the program that controls the handwarmers

46 is power supply to the FI system is not normal. I have seen this before, usually the cause is the female connectors in the plug that plugs into the starter relay.

46 is power supply to the FI system is not normal. I have seen this before, usually the cause is the female connectors in the plug that plugs into the starter relay.

Yeah, ive had it throw 46 when I had a loose battery terminal also. Ive replaced the Starter relay, and cleaned and dielectric greased the connection between the two, but will see if I can pull each connector from the plug and see if I can clean them even better.

Yeah, ive had it throw 46 when I had a loose battery terminal also. Ive replaced the Starter relay, and cleaned and dielectric greased the connection between the two, but will see if I can pull each connector from the plug and see if I can clean them even better.
The best way to check these is take a male prong off an old harness(or remove one from the block of a good harness if you have no old parts) and insert it into each of the female terminals. It should grip with a bit of firmness. Its hard to tell by looking at them.

Back