• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fergdog93's 08' Nytro summer build project

Yes, the triangles on the front of the hood, and on each side of the nose peice are deacals. They have an exspanded steel look to them. I was thinking of making vents where these decals are, but I don't think the heat disapation issue would solved with more air coming in, I think the air is stuck in the engine compartment, and is not allowed to evacuate as fast as it needs to. I was reading another thread on here about it. I see that some guys are drilling holes in the dash, but I don't think that is gonna help much. I feel that the Nytro's need to move more air along the bottom of the engine compartment to help solve the problem. If you look, all the vents on this sled are up high in the front, and low in the rear. I was looking at the sled last week, and might have a couple ideas on how to make two larger vents lower on the front. (behind the a-arms) I really think this could move alot of air along the bottom of the compartment, however it may prove tricky to keep snow out. And we all know what snow in the engine compartment on the nytro means! WET FOOT!
Another option, I think I'm gonna try because I have 2 of them laying around from my old quad racing days is a super cooler from Pro-Design, it just goes on your return line to your rad. I used them over the years on pumped up race motors in my race quads. These motors would run hot, and after alittle water wetter, and the Super Cooler I never had any overheating issues. Here is a link to there web page: http://www.prodesignracing.com/main.htm

Who made your decals? I agree, something needs to be done about removing the exessive heat left in the exgine compartment.

Fergdog, that's the first time I've heard of that "Super Cooler" tube. I'm surprised I never saw it mentioned here before, considering all the overheat issues with these four strokes.

I do find it hard to believe that this thing cools the temp down 5-10 degrees though. Maybe I'll look into this during the season and install it midyear...very interesting.

Attachments

• PDR-PD540-2.jpg
    PDR-PD540-2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 157
Grimm, I also feel that 5-10 degrees might be alittle high. But they do make a difference, maybe more like 5 degrees tops. I'm gonna hookup both of the ones I have, I figure it will allow twice as much cooling as one of them. ;)!

I was thinking the same thing, maybe even cut one on a lathe...
Where will you install it on your Nytro? On the right side between the chaincase and oil tank?

I'm not shur yet, I haven't had alot of time to work on the sled the last couple of weeks. The directions say to put it on the return line, but you could put it anywhere really. I'll look at the sled hopfully this weekend and post pic's, it would be nice to place it somwhere where it would catch some kind of air passing thru the engine compartment. It looks like there might be room behind the radiator, but between the chain case and the oil tank looks to be a good spot also.
Also Grimm, if you plain on making one, there is what they call a vetury on the inside of the tube, baically it tappers to a smaller ID in the center of the cooling fins, its a strait angle with no curve to it so I'm not shur why they call it a ventury. I'll dig mine out and take some measurments for you this weekend also.

No need for the details, I'm not that handy, nor have a lathe, but my cousin does. I'd probably opt for the commercial product, less hassle.

What would be a nifty idea though, is if these would incorporate a fitting for a temp gauge sensor too.

I meant one kind of like this, except designed like the Super Cooler:

Attachments

• watertemp-splice.jpg
    watertemp-splice.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 149
Yeah, you can get them from Ulmer Racing, where I actually copied the pic. I think you can either buy it on it's own, or with a digital gauge. Check out his site:
www.ulmerracing.com

I'm curious about the diameter of the male ends, also if they are shock resistant (I'm sure they are). I called today for more info but, have not had a reply. :o|

Back