• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Filleting the Nytro Muffler, Part 1

RJH said:
Glad you guys don't ride our trails.
Be willing to bet the gutted four stroke muffler is quieter than the stock two stroke in your avatar,,,,,,,,,,,

;)!

I hope so - that is a Phazer Fan.

I do like the sound of the 4/s

Can anyone tell me how this is working out for them and if it lasted and did you receive any more RPM from doing this mod?

SledFreak said:
Can anyone tell me how this is working out for them and if it lasted and did you receive any more RPM from doing this mod?

Any chance we could get you to post a sound clip of the exhaust??

glmf:

If you look into the outlet of the stock muffler, you will see a perforated cone in there maybe 2 inches. Remove it. It will improve the growl but not the loudness. If you have a dremel (or a cable pencil grider, is what I used) and some patience it is removable.

The change improves sound, but not loudness.

Hope it helps

Does anyone know anything about or had experience with Nytro muffler Yammie sells in their accessory catalog.
Its advertised as being lighter,don't know about sound though. Looking at doing something for next year ,but don't want to go too loud. :-o

Off Trail Mike said:
glmf:

If you look into the outlet of the stock muffler, you will see a perforated cone in there maybe 2 inches. Remove it. It will improve the growl but not the loudness. If you have a dremel (or a cable pencil grider, is what I used) and some patience it is removable.

The change improves sound, but not loudness.

Hope it helps

You are reffering to the spark arrestor. Did you notice any additional popping or crackling sound when off throttle with it removed?

GLMF,
Could not find your classifieds wanted ad, how much is a stock muffler worth ?? I would consider selling mine, has 659 miles.

mj

I am interested in removing that cone thing...it seems like it would reduce the "wind" noise...has anyone else done this?

glmf said:
Removed the middle pipes as discussed and slightly too loud for my taste, would like to go back to stock. So as posted in the classifieds, now looking for a stock muffler so I don't have to take this all back apart again.

I have my stock pipe if you are still looking for one. It has less than a thousand miles on it in great shape ;)!

Back