• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

first 50 miles first turbo

GoHomeYammi

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha viper RTX LE
Picked up my 15 rtx le yesterday i had a hurricane 240 kit installed. It seems to really pull hard but conditions and trails that end quickly have stopped me from getting a good wot pull. One question for guys that know turbos..I assume its the wastegate thats making a huge popping noise under hard acceleration like a whaaa pop pop. Its not the rev limiter and air fuel seems to be where it should so im hoping its not lean backfire.

Pretty awesome machine it blows the doors off my nytro with this setup. I do feel like it steers way heavier though.

Description sounds more like rev limiter to me

Description sounds more like rev limiter to me
I thought i heard it in the 7000rpm range multiple times but there is a chance i looked at the tac to late or something. If thats the case i am constantly banging the rev limiter with this clutching.

Wastegate makes no noise the blow off valve could make noise but that's only when you first let off the throttle

Primary: inner 2 tungston 1 washer
Middle empty
Tip 2 washers

Secondary purple spring 1-0
Hurricane helix

Gearing 24 top 41 bottom

Sometimes the pop is very loud it really doesnt feel like the nytro rev limter

Wow that's really light on the tip will it even go over a 100

Boy that's tall gears for a rtx that's the gears I'm running on a xtx

That is definitely your rev limiter, the tach is slow to catch up so you can hit the limiter without seeing it on your tach, you need to use the max rpm recall to see it. What belt are you using?

You need to take some weight off the bottom and put it on the tip I'm at 6 washers bottom 0 mid 7 washers at the tip and that's 270hp

8jp belt. I bought a 8dn to try as well. I will check the max rpm recall thanks i did not know it had one.

Definitely over rev. Mine has done it as well

Check your boost pressure.You should be at 10lbs.It sounds like it may be overboosting.If thats ok then let me know where it hits the rev limiter.From dead stop or does it climb to it?You don't want to remove weight off the heel for sure because the turbo spools instantly.You need the weight there

Check your boost pressure.You should be at 10lbs.It sounds like it may be overboosting.If thats ok then let me know where it hits the rev limiter.From dead stop or does it climb to it?You don't want to remove weight off the heel for sure because the turbo spools instantly.You need the weight there
I just took it back out for another test. I saw 13 pounds of boost at 7200rpm and would hit the rev limit imediatly after. Max rpm is 9350. Sounds like it is over boosting. Where do i start with adjustments?

Back