• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

first ride and topend speed

wannagofast

Veteran
I had my vector out for the first ride today. Put 80 miles on it and opened it up for a topend run for the first time. Saw 107 MPH on the speedo. Can I expect more topend as it breaks in better.

vector

yes you can expect more.When my vector was bone stock.I consistantly seen 116 and have seen higher speeds in pefect conditions but I may have had a good one because I beat a few rx1's and cruched other vectors without touching a thing.

117 on the dream meter, but like 107 gps....on packed trail you should get a good reading though

My sled must be a DOG. BEst I've EVER run is 100 on the dream meeter with either the stock OR M10 (which surprised me). No GPS or radar available.

Don't feel bad... My best is 102.. "BUT" That was terrible condictions.. 48 degrees.. Super soft snow.. And I had woody dooly's on back then.. I have the less drag duece bars on now.. Just need some #(*(&^&^%%$ snow. #$%&* MM.

dream meter

97 MPH on my RS venture all stock, hard base..

Not bad for a big sled and I am a big guy as you can see in my avatar

MadMax said:
Don't feel bad... My best is 102.. "BUT" That was terrible condictions.. 48 degrees.. Super soft snow.. And I had woody dooly's on back then.. I have the less drag duece bars on now.. Just need some #(*(&^&^%%$ snow. #$%&* MM.

HI Max,

It's GD from the Ultimate BS board here. I'm runing doolies now and the 100 was on packed but soft snow in 30 deg temps.

undecided said:
MadMax said:

HI Max,

It's GD from the Ultimate BS board here. I'm runing doolies now and the 100 was on packed but soft snow in 30 deg temps.

Hi ya GD........ I switched over to duece bars last year and my gas mileage went up about 1 mpg.. I never did a wot last year to find out how much better my top end was. But gaining 1 mpg tells me it has less drag now.. And yes the duece bars are great!!!!!!!!MM.

I would not post that I ran my sled that hard while on warranty on any site. Yamaha may and will use it against you in a court of law if it ever comes to that. I know this to be fact! The posts were not used against me but someone else so be warned.

Sled Dog said:
I would not post that I ran my sled that hard while on warranty on any site. Yamaha may and will use it against you in a court of law if it ever comes to that. I know this to be fact! The posts were not used against me but someone else so be warned.

Sled dog for what reason? I dont doubt you and i am not being a smart #$%&* , just wondering for what reasons.. In my opinon if they make a stock sled go that fast why cant you drive it that way?

Your average car can run nearly 100 mph from the factory, but you can do damage to your engine (tranny, drivetrain, etc) if you run those speeds for any length of time. Car companies I'm sure won't warrenty any damage if they knew you were running the car like that. Probably same sorta deal.

engine

I realize it can do damaga but why would it be used in a court of law. I could be wrong but does it say not to max out the sled in the owners manual? I did it once just to see what it would do..

Back