• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FIRST TIME OUT WITH POWDERLITES TURBO NYTRO

Topgun

Expert
Well , got it out today. All I can say is, Dave at Powderlites has an awesome product here. I rode the mc express nytro last year and I though that was insane but did have lag in my opinion. Todays testing put my mind at ease in that respect, this thing destroyed the track outta the hole. Drivability was excellent and waay better then I thought it would be.
My clutchkit from Ulmer performance, what can I say Allan, you got it pretty close. The sled ran 8900 or very close to that consistantly, worked well.
Again this year the apex bars and warmers proved today that hands can be kept warm even without the handguards. The other mountain Nytro in the pics also did the swap, these warmers are HOT . Next best thing I've done.
My snow eliminators, best thing I did to the sled besides boost.
Hers some pics of today:
IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

They are the actual snow eliminators. The boards do feel stiffer and really lokk better in my opinion. Install was actually really easy and didn't take long at all.

Topgun said:
Again this year the apex bars and warmers proved today that hands can be kept warm even without the handguards. The other mountain Nytro in the pics also did the swap, these warmers are HOT . Next best thing I've done.
quote]
What exactly did you do to your handwarmers to make work?

Lightning Rod said:
Topgun said:
quote]
What exactly did you do to your handwarmers to make work?

All I did is go to a dealer who had a ton of 06 Apex bars and grips that were exchanged due to recall and installed them on my Nytro. Thats about it.
It has been said on here that they might harm the cdi but my sled as well as others have been goin a long time now with these installed. That simple. Stock warmers are just crap.

looks like your muffler is getting a bronze coloring to it like mine is. No biggie, just wasn't expecting it.

Are you running the latest map and what kind of numbers are you seeing on your wideband. What boost psi are you running.

Thanks

yammi4ever said:
looks like your muffler is getting a bronze coloring to it like mine is. No biggie, just wasn't expecting it.

Are you running the latest map and what kind of numbers are you seeing on your wideband. What boost psi are you running.

Thanks

LOL, yup it's definitly coloring up abit. No I haven't got the latest map yet. I'm thinkin I better order the software this week so I can actually do it myself. I was seeing about ten pounds of boost today with the controller cranked down. As far as numbers I was seeing just over 12 but at idle sometimes it was a bit erratic. What are you seeing up top. What are you revving yours at?
I thought I read somewhere also that Dave was recommending to pull a spring and ball out. Was that in the tee or the controller?
Also I guess I'm in the process of building a snow deflector to fit up in the tunnel to keep that cold snow of the turbo.

I have the software ordered as i am one of the lucky ones who is seeing it too lean up top, seeing 13 give or take a little at full throttle. Yes at idle I am seeing the erratic readings usually around 13 though. The spring and check ball is in the "T" not the controller.

I made a protector under mine as well, some say to others say no prob, I feel better knowing it is protected.

What kind of readings are you seeing on boost gauge? I seem to be getting erratic readings from it, when letting off it goes to the pressure side, and doesn't seem to read anything sometimes when I would think it should. What are you seeing.

I know it is boosting, as when I was testing the full throttle a/f reading it is quite a handful lol.

I also have the boost controller cranked all the way down, so should be seeing around 10 also, and I do sometimes, just seems to do funny things.

Looks great, Topgun ;)! I can just imagine how much fun this sled would be with that kit... Just curious, what octane fuel are you guys running, and at what levels of boost ?

Right now I have been running 91 at 10 pounds but with the check valve out I was told by Dave that boost should come down to 9. But remember for most riding conditions you will never be boosting that high and with the shim in there no problem. I'm still in disbelief on the drivability of this kit.
Yammi4ever, where in the tee is the checkball? Guess I could look.........LOL

A freind of mine just received his kit from powderlites yesterday,said it looks very complete and is sure pumped to start wrenching.They were testing an mc express nytro at E and S on saturday.It looked and sounded stock until Darren sqeezed the flipper and then... :Rockon: Going to stop by there today and crunch some numbers.

Topgun said:
yammi4ever said:

Thanks

LOL, yup it's definitly coloring up abit. No I haven't got the latest map yet. I'm thinkin I better order the software this week so I can actually do it myself. I was seeing about ten pounds of boost today with the controller cranked down. As far as numbers I was seeing just over 12 but at idle sometimes it was a bit erratic. What are you seeing up top. What are you revving yours at?
I thought I read somewhere also that Dave was recommending to pull a spring and ball out. Was that in the tee or the controller?
Also I guess I'm in the process of building a snow deflector to fit up in the tunnel to keep that cold snow of the turbo.

Hey Topgun,

I too have the powderlites kit and I was wondering when you get done fabbing up the snow deflector if you could post some picts of it. I will be wanting to do the same to my sled.
Thanks

You bet, as a matter of fact I just finished bending it up. Hopefully tonight I can test fit it and see how it looks.

I definitly removed the protectors . With them in you can only fit a 1.5 track, so with the 1.75 , I definitly had to remove.
Choids454, I got the deflector bent and it does fit so I'll get pics to ya tomorrow. Yammi4ever also has one built so maybe he'd send you a pic also, mine is a bit different then his but same idea.

Back