• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Trail Ride 2024

Simplespeed

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex , 2017 Sidewinder LTX -LE
Got out on the trails northern lower Michigan and was surprised no wet spots, all appeared to be froze solid, and flat snow covered trails with very little dirt in the corners… we got about a inch of snow during the day which was perfect for lube on sliders… Nice to get back in the saddle…

And What's worse is this snow cover on thin ice isn't going to help any

I'm in the Sunapee area...all lakes here are still wide open. I grew up riding lakes and I wouldn't trust anything from here or north yet. Glad we got snow but it's a recipe for disaster for the ice.

Wow, I guess I did not realize how much stone, gravel, rocks you guys ride on out there… Your video sheds a whole new light on tough conditions.. Talk about wear and tear… Our trails are mostly dirt , sand, clay and they are pretty mild even with no base.. Great video to gain a good understanding what you guys face..

Here's my first ride of the season last weekend. Old Forge NY... No base yet, lots of rocks. Gotta check the carbides.
I destroyed mine (6" slim jims on curves) 2 years ago going to Stillwater. When OF says marginal, skags will be terminal! lol.
The apex my son rode faired better.

Wow, I guess I did not realize how much stone, gravel, rocks you guys ride on out there… Your video sheds a whole new light on tough conditions.. Talk about wear and tear… Our trails are mostly dirt , sand, clay and they are pretty mild even with no base.. Great video to gain a good understanding what you guys face..
And then theres Tug Hill, sat. after lunch! Pray the hemorrhoids dont act up.
Sundays? Prostate surgery.

Got out for a little shakedown rip this afternoon.
20240113_145446.jpg

Got out on the trails northern lower Michigan and was surprised no wet spots, all appeared to be froze solid, and flat snow covered trails with very little dirt in the corners… we got about a inch of snow during the day which was perfect for lube on sliders… Nice to get back in the saddle…
Same here, rode about 150 miles around Cadillac yesterday and today and the conditions were pretty good. Some of the trails wore out pretty quickly but last night and this morning you could just about ride down the middle of any road you wanted to. It felt really good to finally get to ride again. Haven't had this much snow for years. :)

Wow, I guess I did not realize how much stone, gravel, rocks you guys ride on out there… Your video sheds a whole new light on tough conditions.. Talk about wear and tear… Our trails are mostly dirt , sand, clay and they are pretty mild even with no base.. Great video to gain a good understanding what you guys fac
It's like that throughout the NE for the most part. You wouldn't recognize the trails uncovered from snow. It's some real rugged terrain difficult to hike especially when you get near the foot hills or mountains. Exceptions are the rail beds and potato fields.

Awesome to see guys getting out as it seems this year was an unusually long wait. Let's hope the snow sticks around longer to pick up time on the other end.

Back